Cool down with these delicious Lime Chocolate Drizzle Popsicles
With a week of scorching hot weather, I been making many different flavoured popsicles this week, in an effort to cool down, while still have a nice treat.
So far we have had:
I love how it makes traditional looking ice pops and can make 10 at once, which is perfect.
I’ve gotta say how much I am loving use jell-o (jelly) in frozen popsicles. It doesn’t melt as quick and holds much more flavour, so super refreshing and of course low syn too.
For these Lime Chocolate Drizzle Popsicles I also use some no added sugar orange and pineapple squash with some fresh lime juice, to create a two layers colour effect, which makes these look amazing. For those that can’t get no added sugar squash a similar flavour Crystal light will work fine too.
To drizzle with the chocolate, I melt chocolate in a double boiler, by placing in a bowl over a saucepan of water and heating the water so it melts the chocolate.
You can then add the melted chocolate a ziplock bag, snip off a small part of the corner, which then creates a homemade piping bag and drizzle it over one side of the popsicles, it will set pretty quick because of how cold the popsicles are, and then you can carefully flip over and drizzle the other side.
Once that side is set, I then carefully place in a freezer bag and put in the freezer until ready to enjoy. They don’t last long in the freezer though, in fact half the batch was gone as soon as they were ready.
Looking for some other frozen treat? Check out these:
- White Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt Bark
- White Chocolate Frozen Banana Popsicles
- Cookies and Cream Frozen Yoghurt
- Cake Batter Frozen Yoghurt
- Watermelon Ice Pops
- Strawberry Shortbread Frozen Yoghurt
- Peanut Butter Pretzel and Chocolate Chip Frozen Yoghurt
- Low Syn White Chocolate Frozen Yoghurt
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
Treat yourself to 1 0r 2 of these amazing Lime Chocolate Drizzle Popsicles at only 1 syn each – wow!!
- 1 box of no added sugar Lime Jelly (Jell-o) - 2 syns
- juice of half a small lime
- 1 cup (240ml) of diluted no added sugar orange pineapple squash (or similar flavoured crystal light) of choice
- 2 tbs of chocolate chips - 8 syns
- Add the lime juice to the orange pineapple squash.
- Pour equally into about a 1/3 of each popsicle mold, add lid and popsicle sticks and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Mix up the jell-o with hot water as per package instructions. Then add approx 3/4 of the cold water required.
- Let cool slightly. Then pour into the popsicle mold, add lid again and place back in the freezer until frozen.
- Once frozen, remove from mold.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water (or by melting in the microwave at 10 secs intervals until melted).
- Add to a ziplock back, then snip off a small piece of the corner and use as a piper bag to drizzle over one side of the popsicles. Allow to set (will set fast because of the coldness of the popsicles)
- Flip over, and then drizzle the other side.
- Place in a ziplock bag and then freeze until read to enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 18 Total Fat: 0.8g Saturated Fat: 0.4g Sodium: 22mg Carbohydrates: 1.8g Sugar: 1.6g Protein: 0.4g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.