Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae – a Delicious combination of mixed berries, vanilla yoghurt, crumbled shortbread and cream for a perfect low syn dessert.
You’ve eaten dinner and a little while later fancy something sweet, with a few additional syns you stuck trying to choose what to make. How about this yummy Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae? It only uses a few of your daily syns and feels lovely and decadent.
Making a dessert like this with fruits is really going to stretch your syns that little bit furhter and make your treat seem much more satisfying.
I like to use frozen mixed berries, but you could use any fruit of your choice, and then choose your syn free yoghurt to compliment whatever fruit you go for.
For this Fruity Yoghurt Sundae, I stuck to a simple vanilla flavoured yoghurt, but a coconut yoghurt would go great with tropical fruits like pineapple or mango or lemon yoghurt with apple or pear.
To make it really decadent, I love adding in some roughly crumbled shortbread cookie.
Shortbread can vary in syns, so you may need to double check the syns of the one you use, but so long as you stick to the weight in the recipe, it should be around about the same syns.
If you want to go for a totally different biscuit, then you can really vary this up. Ginger biscuits, for example, are great with fruit like fresh peaches or pear. Just make sure you adjust the syn value according to the biscuit you use.
I love to serve my Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae in a Stemless Glass like this one below:
They are perfect for serving dessert such as this Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae and I also love them for yoghurt parfaits or overnight oats. Below are some perfect ones to choose from:
- Creme Egg Yoghurt Parfait
- Banana Granola Yoghurt Parfait
- Pumpkin Granola Yoghurt Parfait
- Mint Chocolate Yoghurt Parfait
- Pear Crumble Yogurt Parfait
- Baileys Cookies and Cream Yogurt Parfait
- Low Syn Pina Colada Overnight Oats
- Low Syn Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Low Syn S’mores Overnight Oats
- Low Syn Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
or you can head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800 delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc
These Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae’s look really pretty in a stemless glass, right? If you don’t you have a similar glass to serve these in, you can just enjoy in a bowl, no one will see or judge you I promise.
How can I add 1/3 speed foods to this Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae?
Usually, when thinking about using some leftover syns on a treat, the last thing on our minds is speed foods, however, boost that weight loss by sticking to speed fruits like berries, apples, pears etc. It all counts.
Then all that is left to do, is dig in that spoon and enjoy. Yum!!
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 6 syns per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 6 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 6 syns per serving (use quark instead of yoghurt)
- WW Smart Points - 9
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free biscuit of choice
- 2 cups/480ml of frozen berries (or other fruit of choice), defrosted
- 2 cups/480ml of fat-free vanilla yoghurt
- 2 shortbread fingers (approx 36g), crumbled - 9 syns - can use a gluten free alternative
- or Use a similar in syn value biscuit, you don't need much, half a biscuit will do)
- 8 tbs of Light Aerosol Cream - 3 syns
- Add ½ cup of yoghurt to each glass
- Then add ½ cup of berries to each glass
- Add a ¼ of the shortbread to each glass
- then repeat with another 1/2 cup of yoghurt, berries
- Finishing off with the aerosol cream and the remaining and the remaining shortbread
- Dig in and Enjoy!!
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.8 g
Saturated Fat 5.2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 195 mg
Total Carbohydrates 45.8 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 26 g
Protein 11.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.