This recipe is Dairy Free, Slimming World, and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy/Food Optimising – syn free per serving
- 600g (21oz) of stewing beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 125g (4.5 oz) of mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 3 cup of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- ½ tsp of paprika
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- ½ cup of barley (I used Trader Joes 10 minute barley)
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Spray a large pot over a medium high heat with some spray oil
- Add the beef and fry till lightly golden, remove and set aside
- Add the onion, and fry to soften. Add a couple of spoonfuls of either stock just to deglaze the pan
- Add the garlic, carrot, thyme and rosemary, paprika and tomato paste
- Add back in the stewing beef and stir to coat.
- Add all the stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for approx 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and the add in the barley and kale and simmer for a approx 15 mins till barley is cooked.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.