Delicious Stuffed Eggplant with ground beef in a delicious tomatoey sauce topped with ricotta and mozzarella - heavenly.
Are you one of those people that often struggle with getting enough vegetables on your plate? One of the great ways to serve up delicious healthy vegetables is to stuff them with some delicious protein and top with cheese and these Stuffed Eggplant with Ground Beef are absolutely amazing.
I've been adding ricotta to my shopping carts most weeks nowadays, it's an amazing cheese to use as one of your Healthy Extra A choices, especially in recipes like:
- Baked Garlic Mushroom and Ricotta Pasta
- Roasted Butternut Squash Ricotta Lasagne
- Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells
So when I decided to bake and stuff an eggplant (aubergine), that I had to use up, I knew ricotta on top would be the perfect way to complete the dish.
Really this would be amazing stuffed with all kinds of different fillings from vegetarian based to chilli, chicken, whatever you feel like. But I choose to make an amazing spicy ground beef. Then once the eggplant was part baked, I scooped out some of the flesh to make a hollow boat, chopped up that flesh and adding that into the beef mixture too. Yummy!!
If you love eggplant (aubergine), there are heaps of other recipes on the blog featuring this delicious speed vegetable
- Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
- Aubergine Lasagne
- Chicken and Eggplant Curry
- Roasted Vegetable Gratin
- Spicy Eggplant and Tomato Soup
- Moussaka Meatballs
- Mediterranean Layered Bake
- Hoisin Eggplant and Edamame
- Eggplant and Pork Timbale
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE with over 800+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients.
This Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta would be perfect served just as it is with mixed green salad or for a more filling meal I went for some sauteed garlic spinach and this amazing Mashed Potatoes.
How can I add a vegetables to this Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta?
As eggplant is the true star of this dish, the vegetables are totally covered, so if you want those e chips with this, go ahead. But you can never have enough vegetables, so feel free to add even more to your plate if you like.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 large eggplant/aubergine, stem removed and halved
- 250g of extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- ½ tsp of coriander
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- ½ cup/120ml of beef stock
- 90g of ricotta
- 50g of mozzarella, grated
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Season eggplant (aubergine) with some salt and black pepper. Spray the flesh side with cooking oil spray.
- Place flesh side down on a baking sheet line with parchment paper and bake in the oven for approx 30-35 mins until the eggplant is softened.
- While the Eggplant is baking in the oven, Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray. Add the onion and fry until softened.
- Add in the ground beef, carrot and garlic and fry until the beef is browned.
- Add in the spices/seasoning, tomato paste and stock and simmer for 10 mins.
- Once the eggplant is ready, scoop out some of the flesh to create hollow boats. Chop up the remove flesh and stir this into the beef mixture. Season as needed with some salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant halves. Top evenly with the ricotta and mozzarella.
- Add to an oven proof dish and cover with foil, baked for 20 mins, then remove the foil, sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake for uncovered for 10 more mins.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 420Total Fat 17.1gSaturated Fat 8.9gCholesterol 116mgSodium 524mgCarbohydrates 28.8gFiber 9.6gSugar 14.8gProtein 42.7g