Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Lasagne - packed with speed and tastes amazing!!
I recently made a delicious Cauliflower Cheese Soup, have you tried that yet? It's great for lunch and to make it extra filling, I have been adding cooked chicken and all kinds of yummy things to the top. Go check it out.
From making that the idea popped into my head for a lasagne. I mean most lasagne have cheese right, and cheese goes extremely well with Cauliflower, so a Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Lasagne just seemed like a match in heaven to me.
Sides to go alongside this are totally up to you. Cauliflower is of course a speed food and it has plenty of it, in this Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Lasagne, so you could either have it just as it is, or make it more filling with a side of Syn Free Chips and a salad or serve it with just a salad.
This Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Lasagne can also be made gluten free if you use gluten free lasagne sheets. The white cheese sauce is amazing. If you have already tried my Yummy Beef Lasagne, you will know how much I like a proper white sauce, none of this yoghurt or quark with eggs business for a topping. Lasagne in my opinion just isn't lasagne without a white sauce.
For this Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Lasagne, I used 6 oven ready lasagne sheets in a square dish, but lasagne sheets come in all different shapes and sizes, so you may need to use more or less. Hey I have even seen handy square lasagne sheets, which I wanted to grab this time to make this, but guess what, yep, when you go looking for something you have seen before, you can't find the damn things the next time round. Lesson Learnt.
If you don't use oven ready lasagne sheets, you will need to soak in boiling water to soften, otherwise they won't be cooked fully in this lasagne.
Want to vary this up? this would be amazing with some cooked chicken or turkey layered with the cauliflower, it's on my to do list next time I make this, as I have that combination in my head since I made this, so it's a good excuse for to make this again, right?
Give this Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Lasagne a go, it will be your new favourite way to increase some speed foods.
Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
Green - 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
WW Smart Points - 8
- 900g of cauliflower florets (raw)
- 6 oven ready pasta sheets (may need more or less depending on the shape you use) - can use gluten free varieties
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup/240ml of 2% milk (1 HEa)
- 1 cup/240ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbs of cornstarch (or arrowroot or tapioca starch) - 3 syns
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of mustard powder
- salt and black pepper
- 60g/2oz of parmesan cheese (2 HEa's)
- 45g/1.5oz of mozzarella (1 HEa)
- Spray oil
- Freshly Chopped Italian Parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f or gas mark 6
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl
- Add the crushed garlic
- season well with salt and black pepper
- Toss to coat.
- Spread cauliflower out on a tray lined with parchment
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Roast for 20 mins until just lightly golden on edges.
- Remove from oven and set aside (leave oven on while you make up the lasagne)
- Add the milk, stock, onion powder, garlic powder and mustard powder to a saucepan
- Mix the starch with a little water to make a slurry.
- Add this into the milk mixture and gently heat, whiskig until it thickens.
- Stir in 30g/1oz of parmesan until melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Spray a square oven proof dish with spray oil
- Add 2 lasagne sheets (this may differ depending on dish/sheet size)
- Add half the roasted cauliflower mixture
- Spoon over a ⅓ of the sauce
- Add 2 more lasagne sheets and the other half of the roasted cauliflower.
- Spoon over another ⅓ of the sauce
- Add 2 more lasagne sheet.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the top sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until cheese on top is melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Variation - Add some cooked chicken or turkey to the layers with the cauliflower
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full