Mixed Berry Eton Mess is the Ultimate Dessert with layers of delicious juicy berries, yoghurt and meringue.
This Mixed Berry Eton Mess is super refreshing on the palette and feels super decadent while not being too high in calories, meaning you can dig in and enjoy this without feeling any guilt.
Traditionally Eton Mess is a very British Dessert combining fruit, homemade crumbled crunchy meringue, and whipped cream.
For this pretty Mixed Berry Eton Mess, keeping it super quick and simple, I use some ready-made mini meringues from Trader Joes which are just 90 calories for 4, along with some frozen mixed berries such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and cherries and some fat free flavoured yoghurt. The layers when all combined together are heavenly and you really don't miss the cream at all.
Don't worry if you can't get these mini meringues, large meringues will work well too. The majority of store-bought meringues all use the same ingredients anyway.
There are some recipes out there for meringue using sweetener, but to be honest, they are not worth the effort. A meringue needs real sugar to get that nice crunch and sweetener tends to leave them tasting a bit weird. I just don't think they are worth all the effort. If you really want to make your own, use real sugar or try a half and half mix of sugar and sweetener.
Got a dinner party planned, this Mixed Berry Eton Mess would be a perfect dessert to make to serve to your guests. You could even leave it right up to serving to make these, as they literally take no more than a couple of minutes and they are done and ready to serve.
Want some more dessert ideas for that sweet tooth? Check out some of these:
- Cinnamon Oat Rhubarb Crumble
- Cookies and Cream Oat Bites
- Healthy Apple Sultana Oat Bites
- Chocolate Mousse
- Cheesecake Dip with Apple Nachos
- Crepe Style Pancakes
- Baked Red Velvet Doughnuts
- Baked Gluten Free Jam Doughnuts
- Mint Chocolate Yoghurt Parfait
- Baileys Cookies and Cream Yogurt Parfait
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes
or head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients etc
What kitchen Items do I need to make this Mixed Berry Eton Mess?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 cup of fat-free vanilla or lemon yoghurt
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (slightly defrosted)
- 4 mini meringues
- Add the meringues to a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin until broken into small pieces.
- Add ⅔ of the meringue to the yoghurt and fold till combined
- Drain any excess juice from the slightly defrosted berries
- Using two glasses, add 1 layer of fruit, then a layer of the yoghurt meringue mix, then another layer of fruit and finally one last layer of yoghurt and then top with the remaining crumbled meringue.
- Dig in and enjoy!!
- If you want to spend a few more you could even top with a little light cream, but personally I find these perfect just as they are.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Cholesterol 3.6mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 40.4gFiber 1.5gSugar 35.2gProtein 5.2g