Strawberry Topped Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecakes - Enjoy one of these delicious Strawberry Cheesecakes that are super quick to make and a delicious treat.
Easy Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecake
Sometimes you just fancy a sweet treat to indulge in after dinner and these Strawberry Cheesecakes worked just a treat and were super easy and quick to make.
This is slightly different ingredients to a traditional cheesecake as it doesn't use any cream cheese, but it's still perfectly delicious for a treat.
Making Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecake
I used a crumbled digestive cookie for the base of these strawberry cheesecakes, then a mixture of Greek Yoghurt instead of cream cheese for the cheesecake part. It's lovely and thick and is a great healthier swap.
I like to us a fat free vanilla Greek Yoghurt for these, but you can also use plain Greek yoghurt if you prefer and flavour/sweeten it yourself.
Can I use regular yoghurt?
Regular yoghurt tends to be quite runny so I don't recommend it for this.
Another alternative to Greek yoghurt is Quark or Skye yoghurt, both of which are also thick. But as these tend to plain rather than flavoured, you will need to sweeten and flavour the yoghurt.
Low Calorie Choclate Drizzle
For the chocolate drizzle, I use Sweet Freedom Chocolate syrup, which is a great low calorie syrup made from fruit and a few other ingredients. I buy it when I visit the UK.
This can be purchased on Amazon in the UK and they have various different flavours.
If you can't get this use a low calorie syrup of you choice. I think Herseys do one or you could use some honey or similar instead or just omit all together.
(As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Best Biscuit for Cheesecake
For these I use a hobnob cookie, it works perfectly for the base of these, in the US and Canada, graham crackers are a popular choice.
Really though, you can use any biscuit or cookie you like. Oreos are another great option, especially if you like that chocolate flavour. You can even use a crumbled favourite cereal/granola bar if you prefer.
Greek Yoghurt Cheesecake Variations
Want to vary this up? Try using different fruit in combination with a different cookie for the base and different flavoured yoghurt.
Here are some suggestions:
- Lemon Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecake - Lemon Greek Yoghurt (use plain Greek if you can't get lemon flavoured and flavour with some lemon extract and sweetener of choice), then use a crumbled ginger cookie for the base.
- Tropical Greek Yoghurt Cheesecake - Coconut Greek Yoghurt ( use plain Greek if you can't get coconut flavoured and add some coconut extract and sweetner of choice to sweeten) and top with tropical fruits such as pineapple, mango, passionfruit etc), and a biscuit of choice for the base
- Candy Bar Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecake - using Vanilla Greek yoghurt, biscuit of choice for the base and top with a mini crumbled candy bar of choice - twix, snickers, Maltesers, bounty, so many different variations here.
- Funfetti Birthday Cake Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecake - using Vanilla Greek yoghurt, tiny bit of almond extract, sprinkles stirred through, crumbled custard cream for the base, and some light squirty cream and sprinkles on top.
- Banoffee Greek Yoghurt Style Cheesecake - use banana flavoured Greek yoghurt (or vanilla if you can't get banana), crumbled cookie of choice as the base, sliced banana, and melt one caramel in the microwave and drizzle over the top.
So many other variations you can create, just make sure you adjust syn value to the ingredients you use and if you love low syn desserts like this, head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
All with estimated calories and Slimming World and Weight Watcher Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 350g (12.5oz) of fat free Vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 3 Mcvities Hobnob Cookies
- 10 strawberries, chopped
- 3 teaspoons of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
- Add the biscuit/cookies to a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Add to the bottom of the small glass or ramekin dish
- Top with the yoghurt, freshly chopped strawberries and a some of the Sweet Freedom Choc Shot (1 teaspoon per cheesecake)
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 6 syns per serving
- WW Green Smart Points - 7 per serving
- WW Blue Smart Points - 7 per serving
- WW Purple Smart Points - 7 per serving
NOTE: values of Vanilla Greek Yoghurt can vary so adjust accordingly
Lower Syn/Point Option: If you prefer to reduce calories/points/syns you can use a plain Greek yoghurt and flavour with sugar free syrup.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided only.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 175Total Fat 3.5gSaturated Fat 0.1gSodium 6.3mgCarbohydrates 30.1gFiber 1.1gSugar 16.8gProtein 5.1g