Delicious Cookies and Cream Oat Bites with a white chocolate drizzle.
Remember the healthy apple and sultana oat bites I posted the other week, they were a huge hit, the kids loved them and they were my treat at the end of the day with a nice cuppa.
This week I decided to have a go at a new version and oh boy, these are even better.
Cookies and Cream is one of my favourites flavours of ice cream and I'm a bit of a sucker for Oreos, I've been buying the thins as they are slightly less than the regular and one is perfectly enough for me, when I have a craving for something biscuity with my cuppa in the afternoon.
I put some of my creativeness when it comes to recipes down to my art background. I've always loved drawing and completed an art degree between 1997 to 2000 - show my age there now.
While I don't really pick up any art materials much anymore, I do think one of the reasons I love to cook and create new recipes is because of my creativity.
Sometimes just one ingredient can pop an idea into my head and away I go in my kitchen, you could say my kitchen is my studio.
So today with that lonely old ripe banana in my fruit bowl and looking for inspiration in my pantry for what to combine with it for a recipe. The idea of these yummy cookies and cream oat bites popped into my head. There was a reason I mentioned those Oreo Thins.
They add that lovely biscuity cookie and cream flavour and combined with the oaty cake part of these bites was true heaven.
The kids came in from school, took one sniff of the amazing aroma and rushed over to the tray and devoured some right in front of my eyes and announced - "Mom, these are sooooo good". So I knew I was on to a winner with these cookies and cream oat bites.
To sweeten these cookies and cream oat bites and in place of sugar I use Sukrin: 1 – this is a natural based sweetener that has no aftertaste and is my preferred choice in baking. It can be found at some health food stores as well as on Amazon. Of course, you can replace with any sweetener of choice. Just be aware that the sweetener you use may affect the taste.
For the white chocolate drizzle on these cookies and cream oat bites, I just melt it in a bowl in the microwave - 30 seconds is usually enough time. If you don't like white chocolate, I know it's not to everyone's taste, feel free to swap it out for regular milk or even dark chocolate. The white chocolate is just great for that cookies and cream taste.
Love recipes like this that use banana or oats? Check out these:
- 7 Delicious Slimming Eats Recipes To Make With Overripe Bananas
- Blueberry and Lemon Baked Oats | Slimming Eats
- Pumpkin Sultana Muffins
- S’mores Baked Oatmeal
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
- Classic Belgian Waffles
- Best Ever Chocolate Pancakes
- Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- 6 Delicious Slimming Eats Doughnut Recipes
Looking for more recipe ideas? Head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes to choose from and all are searchable by meal type, ingredients etc.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE COOKIES AND CREAM OAT BITES?
- 8×8 inch square pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling pin
- ziplock bags
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 160g of oats
- 135g of banana, mashed
- 160g of fat-free plain yoghurt
- 8 oreo thins
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (4 tbs) sukrin:1
- 15g of white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add to a bowl the oats, baking powder and salt and mix to combine, set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the mashed banan, yoghurt, eggs, vanilla extract and sukrin: 1 whisk until smooth.
- Add this to the oat mixture and stir until all combined.
- Pour into an 8x8 square brownie pan, lined with parchment (if not using parchment, you will need to grease the pan well with spray oil).
- Add the oreo's to a bag and crush into small pieces by bashing with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle on top of the oat mixture, and carefully push down into the mixture with a spatula, you want them to be half in the mixture, half sticking out on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 mins until lightly golden - a skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, carefully remove from the pan.
- Add the white chocolate to a bowl and microwave for 30 secs and stir till melted. Add to a snack size ziplock bag and squeeze down into one corner, snip off a small piece of the corner and then pipe the melted white chocolate across the top. Allow to set and then slice into 16 equal sized bites.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 bite
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 2.6gSaturated Fat 0.8gCholesterol 34mgSodium 86mgCarbohydrates 10.3gFiber 1gSugar 3.1gProtein 3.2g