Delicious Low Syn Crepe Style Pancakes - great with fresh raspberries and a little juice and zest of lemon.
We all know what day is coming up right? Yep Pancakes Tuesday is nearly upon us, and everywhere I turn there is talks of what kind of pancakes are going to be made.
Whether you plan to stick to your syns or allow yourself a day off to fully indulge is entirely up to you. There are so many different versions to be found.
I have some delicious Slimming World friendly pancakes already to choose from, such as:
- Amazing American Style Pancakes
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes (don't let the name put you off)
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
However one recipe I haven't yet created was crepe style pancakes, so as Pancake day was approaching, I decided to have a go at low syn version that I could enjoy with the usual lemon, sugar and a some fresh raspberries.
These are super delicious and really light. You could go for any toppings you like for these, such as melted chocolate, maple syrup, yoghurt, even a fruit syrup or a dusting of icing sugar. You could even go savoury with these, if you use a plain yoghurt instead of vanilla.
Want to know the best part of all? These crepe style pancakes, do not use any healthy extra's, so are perfect for when you fancy pancakes but do not have a healthy extra spare.
The crepe style pancake batter makes about 4-5 crepes, depending on how big you swirl the mixture out.
Make sure you keep your pan on a really low heat, and use a good quality non stick pan. Patience is key, don't try to flip too early. I had mine on above 4 (on my electric hob), 9 being the highest.
I used a coconut spray oil for these, spraying the pan a little for each pancake to help prevent sticking and it worked a treat.
You have to swirl it fast as soon as the batter hits the pan, to ensure you have a lovely thin crepe style pancakes
So now you have a delicious low syn crepe style pancake recipe to use, how will you serve yours?
- 15g (0.5oz) of all purpose (plain) flour - 2.5 syns
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) of fat free vanilla yoghurt
- teeny pinch of salt
- spray oil (I used coconut)
- your choice of toppings
- Add the flour, eggs, yoghurt and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a non stick crepe pan or frying pan over a low heat
- Once hot, spray with spray oil
- Pour a little of the mixture onto the pan and swirl around so that it makes a thin crepe style pancakes.
- Allow it to lightly brown on one side, you can carefully check with a spatula, for doneness, it will lift and flip easily when done on one side.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (see notes for suggestions)
There are some slight variations in syn value of All purpose flour, the one I use is 2.5 syns for two level tablespoons, others are 3 syns, so double check one you use.
- Raspberries, Lemon Juice/Zest and sugar or sweetener
- Melted Chocolate
- Choc Shot syrup and strawberries
- Icing sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut butter and banana
- Fruit Syrup
- Apple, cinnamon and brown sugar
So many other variations for you to choose form.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 45 Serving Size 4-5 crepes
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 9.6gSaturated Fat 3.2gCholesterol 372mgSodium 192mgCarbohydrates 16.8gFiber 0.5gSugar 4.4gProtein 18.1g