For when you want to make pancakes last longer - these Mini Chocolate Banana Pancakes are perfect
Ever since I created my American Style Pancakes, I have been enjoying them pretty much weekly, topped with fruit and drizzle of a maple syrup, they are one of my favourites. Occasionally I will do them real American Style with some crispy bacon, has to be crispy streaky bacon though mind.
Then one morning I was making mini pancakes for the kids and it gave me the idea of these little Mini Chocolate Banana Bites which are perfect for when you fancy something chocolatey that is going to last.
I use a half tbs measurement for pouring little amounts of the batter, so in total got 21 mini pancakes from this American Style Pancakes Batter mix. it does have some baking powder and soda in the mix.
Now comes for the chocolatey part. I just use a tbs of some warmed chocolate spread. I do recommend warming it slightly, otherwise the 1 tbs will not cover the 21 mini pancakes, as it will be too thick and not spread easily enough, the warming of the spread makes it go so much further as it slides effortlessly onto these mini pancakes with a little spatula.
Then all that is left to do is carefully slice one banana into 21 slices and top each mini pancakes with the banana slices.
These would be great for a movie night, as they are going to last a lot longer and will really feel like such a treat.
Why not vary these up slightly too, by swapping the chocolate spread for peanut butter or jam and different fruits - now there is a thought.
Looking for some other pancake recipes to enjoy? you must check out these:
- Best Ever Chocolate Pancakes
- Crepe Style Pancakes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- American Style Pancakes
or don't forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes
Whether these Mini Chocolate Banana Pancakes are for breakfast, a snack or even taking along to your next Slimming Eats Taster - they are deliciously moreish
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 40g (1.5oz) of oats
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of fat free plain Greek yoghurt
- ¾ tablespoon granulated sweetener (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate spread
- 1 banana
- Place oats into a mini blender or food processor and blitz till fine
- Add to a bowl with the baking powder and mix to combine
- Whisk in the yoghurt and eggs till you have a smooth batter.
- Leave mixture rest for a couple of mins for baking powder and soda to do it's work.
- Spray a frying pan over a low heat with some spray oil
- Using a half tablespoon measuring spoon, pouring little circles of batter. Using the half tablespoon ensures you get 21 mini pancakes.
- As bubble starts to appear on the surface, using a spatula, carefully flip over and keep repeating with the mixture until you all pancakes are cooked.
- Add the chocolate spread to a bowl and place in the microwave for 10 secs just to warm, this will melt it slightly and make it really easy to spread.
- Thinly spread on each pancakes (being careful not to spread too thickly as you want that mixture to cover all pancakes)
- Slice the banana into 21 slices and top each pancakes with a slice of pancakes
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 382mgSodium 636mgCarbohydrates 72gFiber 8gSugar 30gProtein 26g
Nutritional information, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.