Delicious Feta Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce served with Roasted Butternut Squash Rice, it makes a perfect family meal.
You know those meals you kind of throw together at the last minute, combining a few ingredients left in the fridge, this was one of those meals and it was a genius combination as it tasted absolutely amazing.
I love stuffed chicken, especially where cheese is involved, but it just has to have a sauce in my opinion and this Roasted Red Pepper Sauce complimented it really well.
The sauce is super quick to make too, I just use jarred roasted red pepper in brine (no sugar/oil) and blend with some tomato paste and chicken stock and a little paprika.
You do need a blender of some description to make the delicious sauce to this Feta Stuffed Chicken and I use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth.
Don’t worry though, you don’t need a fancy high tech blender like mine above, a good old immersion stick blender like the Koölle Electric Powerful 3-in-1 800 Watt Hand Stick Blender or a similar make will do the job too.
Wondering what to serve with this Feta Stuffed Chicken? I highly recommend my Roasted Butternut Squash and Rice it's really yummy and compliments this dish really well, especially with the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. I also served alongside some sauteed zucchini which I cooked with a little lemon zest and black pepper. Got to think of those speed feeds and zucchini is one of my favourites as it is generally super quick to cook.
Looking for some other recipes using chicken? Check out these delicious recipes
- Grilled Chicken Breast Stuffed with Mozzarella
- Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast wrapped in Prosciutto
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Chinese Lemon Chicken
- Bulgur Wheat, Onion, Sage and Sausage Stuffed Chicken
- Tomato and Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken
- Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
and don't forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS FETA STUFFED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Cling Film
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Tray
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Blender or Immersion Stick Blender
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, raw (360g)
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 60g (2oz) of Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 100g roasted red peppers (approx 2 peppers), jarred (in brine), drained
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken stock
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- sweetener to taste
- low calorie cooking spray
- Place a chicken breast in between some plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin)
- Lay the chicken breast on plastic wrap, fill with half the feta cheese and using the cling film, roll up tightly), repeat with the other chicken breast.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours , or even the night before (it will just firm them up slightly and hold them in shape).
- Preheat oven to 180c, fan 160c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil over a medium heat.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the chicken, and season with the paprika and a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Place on the frying pan and brown all sides of the chicken roll.
- Place on a baking tray in the oven for approx 15-20 mins till chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking you can make the sauce.
- Add the roasted red peppers, tomato paste, garlic and stock to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add to a small saucepan and heat till it thickens. Taste and season with a little granulated sweetener to cut any acidity.
- Serve the chicken sliced and drizzled in the roasted red pepper sauce with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All Clad Non Stick Pan Set
TeamFar Saucepan, Professional Stainless Steel Sauce Pan with Lid
Wüsthof CLASSIC Santoku Knife
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 118mgSodium 694mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 51g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.