Want to know the best way to get some Speed Foods into your meal? With this amazing Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza, of course!!
Sometimes you just know you need some more Speed Foods in your meals, but for some reason or another you always struggled to get them in. Well not with this Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza because it takes all that hard work of trying decide what speed foods to have out of the equation, because of course the main ingredients are speed foods.
I have to say one of my favourite ways to cook vegetables is by Roasting them, it can make the most blandest of vegetable taste amazing. I mean have you tried this Roasted Cauliflower Rice for example? Cauliflower Rice when microwave can be pretty uninspiring not mention have you actually smelt the stench it can leave lingering in your kitchen? If you have been cooking it in the microwave you seriously have been missing out on the best way to cook cauliflower rice, because Roasting it, takes it to a whole other level.
Then of course there is this Roasted Vegetables, Feta and Pasta dish, my absolute go to dish when I was at university and probably the only time I ate any vegetables for that matter.
When I make a pizza, the majority of the time I do not want to be messing around making bases, because when I fancy pizza, if I can't make it pretty quickly, those cravings are likely to take the better of me and I will reach for the phone and dial the nearest take away, just not an option when you are trying to food optimize on Slimming World.
So my favourite bases for making a Slimming World pizza are either a HEb pitta or tortilla wrap, super easy and simple, leaving all that is left to worry about, is the Toppings. Here in US/Canada we have various Healthy Extra B choices to choose from including this Joseph Pita Breads (2 for a HEb) and Joseph's Lavash Breads (1 for a HEb), which you can order on amazon.
Luckily enough I had already roasted a bunch of veg and had some of my homemade pizza sauce in the freezer, so this Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza was really easy and quick of course if you want to make this and don't have those on hand you will need to knock up those components first.
For a really quick sauce, if you don't have time to make my homemade pizza sauce - and sometimes that is the case for me too, I use just 1 cup (240ml) of passata, 1 tbs of tomato paste, little dried basil, oregano and garlic powder and you have a quick instant pizza sauce. If you have time though, make the proper sauce and freeze some, it is worth it.
The roasted vegetables can be pretty much any roasted veg you want, but my standard for this pizza, is usually zucchini (courgette), peppers, red onion, and some baby eggplant (aubergine) if I have some, they are not always available.
What if want some different topping ideas?
Below is a few suggestions for other toppings for your Syn Free Pizza Base (make sure you syn any synned ingredients you use):
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PULLED PORK: Leftover stove top pulled pork with sauce, green peppers, red onion and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni (syns vary), oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms (as on recipe) topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with low syn sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives (syns vary) and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta
There are many other variations you can try too on top of the suggestions above. You can also make it gluten free by choosing a Healthy Extra gluten free wrap and vegetarian friendly by choose vegetarian toppings.
and if you are looking for some other ideas for pizza, check out these Pizza Recipes
But you really have to try this yummy sweet and Caramelized Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza
- 2x 60g/2oz - Heb qualifying whole wheat pita or wrap - 2 HEb's
- half a small red onion, sliced
- half red pepper, sliced into strips
- half green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), sliced
- 1 small baby eggplant (aubergine), chopped
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of mixed herbs
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 80g (3oz) of Feta Cheese - 2xHEa's
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place the onion, peppers, zucchini, eggplant on to a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Season well with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with mixed Italian herbs
- Spray over the top with spray oil and roast for 20 mins
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spread the two bases of choice with the pizza sauce
- Top with the roasted vegetables
- Scatter with feta cheese
- Place back in the oven for approx 8 mins till base is nice golden.
- Slice and serve with a mixed salad.
Variations - see post for other suggestions for toppings
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 pizza
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6.8gCholesterol 40mgSodium 1010mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 13.8gSugar 7.7gProtein 15.7g