Want to know the best way to get some Veggies into your meal? With this amazing Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza, of course!!
Sometimes you just know you need some more vegetables in your meals, but for some reason or another you always struggled to get them in. Well not with this Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza because it takes all that hard work of trying decide what vegetables to have out of the equation, because of course the main ingredients are vegetables.
I have to say one of my favourite ways to cook vegetables is by Roasting them, it can make the most blandest of vegetable taste amazing. I mean have you tried this Roasted Cauliflower Rice for example? Cauliflower Rice when microwave can be pretty uninspiring not mention have you actually smelt the stench it can leave lingering in your kitchen? If you have been cooking it in the microwave you seriously have been missing out on the best way to cook cauliflower rice, because Roasting it, takes it to a whole other level.
Then of course there is this Roasted Vegetables, Feta and Pasta dish, my absolute go to dish when I was at university and probably the only time I ate any vegetables for that matter.
When I make a pizza, the majority of the time I do not want to be messing around making bases, because when I fancy pizza, if I can't make it pretty quickly, those cravings are likely to take the better of me and I will reach for the phone and dial the nearest take away, just not an option when you are trying to food optimize on Slimming Eats.
So my favourite bases for making a Slimming Eats pizza are either a pitta or tortilla wrap, super easy and simple, leaving all that is left to worry about, is the Toppings. Here in US/Canada we have various choices to choose from including this Joseph Pita Breads and Joseph's Lavash Breads, which you can order on amazon.
Luckily enough I had already roasted a bunch of veg and had some of my homemade pizza sauce in the freezer, so this Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza was really easy and quick of course if you want to make this and don't have those on hand you will need to knock up those components first.
For a really quick sauce, if you don't have time to make my homemade pizza sauce - and sometimes that is the case for me too, I use just 1 cup (240ml) of passata, 1 tbs of tomato paste, little dried basil, oregano and garlic powder and you have a quick instant pizza sauce. If you have time though, make the proper sauce and freeze some, it is worth it.
The roasted vegetables can be pretty much any roasted veg you want, but my standard for this pizza, is usually zucchini (courgette), peppers, red onion, and some baby eggplant (aubergine) if I have some, they are not always available.
What if want some different topping ideas?
Below is a few suggestions for other toppings for your Pizza Base:
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PULLED PORK: Leftover stove top pulled pork with sauce, green peppers, red onion and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni, oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms (as on recipe) topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta
There are many other variations you can try too on top of the suggestions above. You can also make it gluten free by choosing a Healthy Extra gluten free wrap and vegetarian friendly by choose vegetarian toppings.
and if you are looking for some other ideas for pizza, check out these Pizza Recipes
But you really have to try this yummy sweet and Caramelized Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza