Delicious Syn Free Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup - a simple easy recipe for the whole family.
Now it's starting to cool down a little, kids have been requesting I make soup more often, its perfect complete meal in a bowl and I can send leftover to school for their lunches the next day in a food flask.
The beauty of recipes like this Syn Free Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup is it's so easy to make with no syns so that you can enjoy it too.
One of the most important things to me when I started on my Slimming World journey, is that I was not wasting time making separate meals for the kids and that's one of the great things about the Slimming World programme.
With the extensive free food list of all those healthy free foods, like lean protein, vegetables, grains etc, you really can't pick and choose easily and combine together for amazingly taste and family friendly dishes.
So when the kids requested soup this week, it was so easy to throw some ingredients together for a healthy and tasty soup. Chicken for protein, vegetables for their healthy fibre and vitamins and then some pasta just to make it a bit more substantial and filling.
My kids absolutely loved this Syn Free Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup and it's definitely one I am going to be adding to my regular rotation over the colder months.
If you love filling soups like this Syn Free Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup, you may also enjoy some of these other recipes:
- Syn Free Lemony Chicken Zucchini Rice Soup
- Syn Free Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Soup
- Syn Free Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Syn Free Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Syn Free Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Vegetable and Pearl Barley Soup (Stove Top, Instant Pot)
- Syn Free Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Low Syn Creamy Cheeseburger Soup
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup?
I've got you totally covered in this yummy recipe as it comes packed with healthy vegetables such as onion, celery, garlic, carrots and butternut squash. But you really could add any speed vegetable into this, if you love greens, a few handfuls of shredded kale are delicious too.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Chicken Vegetable Pasta Soup?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Dutch oven or large saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 400g/14oz of boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 200g/7oz of uncooked pasta
- 250g/9oz of butternut squash diced
- 200g/7oz of carrots, diced
- 200g/7oz of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- pinch of chilli powder
- pinch of cumin
- 8.5 cups/2 litres of chicken stock
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- fresh chopped parsley
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- Spray a large pot over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken, paprika, chilli, cumin, onion powder, a little salt and black pepper and cook until browned, remove and set aside.
- Spray the pot with a little more cooking oil spray, add the onion, celery and carrot and a little of the stock to deglaze the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the butternut squash and garlic, return the chicken, add the mixed herbs and stock, bring to boil and simmer for about 8 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Add in the uncooked pasta and simmer continue to simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the pasta is al dente
- Stir in the peas and a little fresh parsley, season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4 per serving
*suitable for freezing
If reheating you may need to add in some more stock
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0.6gSodium 960mgCarbohydrates 37.5gFiber 3.1gSugar 5gProtein 17.9g