Delicious creamy and cheesy Low Syn Creamy Cheeseburger Soup - pure comfort in a bowl and a meal for the whole family to dig in and enjoy!!
So I keep seeing all kinds of amazing recipes for Cheeseburger Soup floating around Pinterest and so I thought, why not create a Slimming World friendly version?
Everything you love about a cheeseburger, combined into a comforting bowl of soup.
One of the hardest parts to creating this delicious Cheeseburger Soup was how to get this lovely and creamy in taste without the need to use heaps of syns. There are a few little tricks I used for that, and one of those is butternut squash. Best of all, it's a speed food too and adds some additional hidden speed foods into this gorgeous recipe.
Velvety, creamy and cheesy and just pure heaven. Plus it is a big family pleaser. My kids loved this, they had theirs with warm buttered bread (now that was hard to resist), but luckily I really didn't need the bread, this was filling enough on its own.
A great meal for those batch cooking days, to fill up the freezer for quick meals for those cold winter months, when you get in from a long day of work, it's dark outside and the last thing you feel like is standing in front of the stove for a long period of time, cooking a meal.
Don't forget that you could even take this Cheeseburger Soup to work in a hot flask for lunch. Hot Food flasks like this Thermos Stainless King Food Flask are great to have as they can keep food warm for up to 8 hours.
Love that idea and want some more delicious Soup recipes? Check out these below:
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Syn Free Pea and Zucchini Soup
- Syn Free Cream of Tomato Soup
- Vegetable and Pearl Barley Soup
- Chicken Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup
- Syn Free Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Tomato and Orzo Soup
- Syn Free Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken, Bean and Rice Soup
- Chunky Leek and Potato Soup
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- Syn Free Minestrone Soup
and if that's not enough, don't forget to check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Cheeseburger Soup?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Dutch oven or large saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
- Blender or Immersion Stick Blender
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 400g (14oz) of extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrot, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400g (70z) of potatoes, peeled and diced - use a waxy variety of potato
- 400g (7oz) of butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken broth
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cups (240ml) of 2% milk - 1 HEa
- plus an additional 120ml of semi skimmed milk - 3.5 syns
- 120g/3oz of strong good quality cheddar, grated - 4 x HEa's
- 2 tbs of cornstarch (or arrowroot or tapioca) - 3 syns
- cooking oil spray
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Add the butternut squash to a saucepan, cover with water, season with salt, bring to a boil and simmer until fork soft.
- Drain and add to a blender with the ½ cup of milk and blend till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a deep pot with some cooking oil spray over a medium high heat
- Add the ground beef to the pan, season with salt and black pepper and fry till browned - don't break up too much, I think this soup works better with bigger chunks of beef, like a burger.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot and garlic and fry for 5 mins to soften.
- Add the potato and stir to mix together.
- Pour in the stock
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add back in the beef and the blended butternut squash
- Add in the rest of the milk and slowly add in the cheddar cheese stirring as you do, until the cheese has all melted into the soup.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make a paste
- Add this into the soup and continue to simmer on a low heat until the soup thickens up
- Stir in some fresh chopped Italian parsley, season as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1.5 syns
- WW Smart Points - 9
- Gluten Free - ensure the starch you use is gluten free
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 12.5gSaturated Fat 7.1gCholesterol 77mgSodium 717mgCarbohydrates 33.2gFiber 5.3gSugar 9.9gProtein 29.4g