Hearty Filling Minestrone Soup
I love minestrone soup and this recipe is a family favorite, packed with lots of speed foods and totally syn free.
I love it chunky style and it feels more like a complete meal. A great comforting meal for the fall or winter weather.
Planning some batch cooking? Add this to your list as it's perfect for freezing.
More Soup Recipes
Love fillings soups like this? Check out these other soup recipes:
- Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Sweetcorn and Leek Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Syn Free Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Cream of Tomato Soup
- Syn Free Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
- Creamy Tomato and Orzo Soup
- Syn Free Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Chicken, Bean and Rice Soup
- Syn Free Bacon and Lentil Soup
- Syn Free Tomato and Chickpea Soup
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, halved and chopped
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small courgette (zucchini), chopped
- 8 cups (2 litres) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 3.5 cups (840ml) of canned plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (171g) of ditalini pasta (or similar shaped pasta)
- 2 tsp of Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil spray
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Spray a large sauce pan with some spray oil
- Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic and fry for about 5 mins until softened.
- Add the courgette, tomatoes (break them up with a wooden spoon), tomatoes paste, vegetable stock, Italian herbs, and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 40 mins
- Add in the potatoes and pasta and simmer until cooked.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Top with some freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Serve and Enjoy!!
- (If you like a smooth soup, you can blend it all, before adding in the potatoes and pasta, I prefer to leave it chunky)
- Optional: if you have a HEa spare, this is delicious topped with some grated parmesan cheese
- NOTE: When heating up the next day, you may need to add more stock, as it will thicken from the starch from the potatoes/pasta
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 4 per serving
Optional: add some grated parmesan to the top
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 218Total Fat 0.6gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 804mgCarbohydrates 46.3gFiber 4.9gSugar 9.5gProtein 7.6g