Yummy Creamy Tomato and Orzo Soup
It's probably no surprise that I love making soups.
There are quite a few different soup recipes to be found on here.
I love this one, the rich sweetness of the tomatoes, with the creaminess of coconut milk. I add some orzo to this one to make it more like a meal like and it really was lovely.
A great family meal - kids especially will love this one.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs of Italian mixed herbs (mine is a mixtue of basil,thyme and fennel)
- 3 cups (720ml) of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups of light coconut milk (12 syns)
- 1 cup (240ml) of orzo
- black pepper and salt to season
- spray oil
- fresh basil
- optional: parmesan
- Spray a deep pot over a medium high heat with some spray oil, add the onion and celery and fry till softened. (you can use a little bit of stock if it starts to stick)
- Add the garlic and leeks and continue to fry till softened.
- Add in the Italian herbs, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 40 mins.
- Using a stick blender, roughly blend the soup, (still retaining some chunks of veg)
- Stir in the coconut milk and orzo and simmer for a further 12 mins approx, till orzo is cooked.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh basil.
- Optional: top with some grated parmesan from your healthy extra A choice.
- NOTE: If freezing this for another day, you may need to add a little more stock when reheating.
Extra Easy – 3 syns per serving
Green - 3 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 8
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.