Grab a slice of this delicious bacon leek and sweet potato quiche with your favourite salad sides, for an easy simple lunch.
I'm a huge fan of crustless quiche. It's always a perfect dish to make for lunches for the week, you can make it up in advance and it can easily be varied with different fillings and then all you have to do is grab a slice and enjoy. It's perfect hot or cold too, which means if you run a busy work schedule, you don't need to worry about trying to find heating facilities to warm this up.
In the summer I always make a crustless quiche to take with us on a picnic or day out, because of the eggs they have a good source of protein and are really filling and high satiety, which means it doesn't feel like I am missing out when there are lots of yummy foods on offer at a picnic or get together.
This bacon leek and sweet potato quichequiche has just the perfect combination of fillings - bacon and leeks just pair together amazing, and that lovely sweetness of the added sweet potato, means you really won't miss out on the usual crust you expect with a quiche.
Then, of course, there is that tempting golden cheese topping, a quiche even a crustless one, just has to have some kind of cheesy topping, right? Here I use a good quality cheddar and just grate it on the top.
If you love recipes like this bacon leek and sweet potato quiche because of how handy they are for lunches, you must check out some of these other amazing quiches:
- Spiralled Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Quiche
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
- Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Artichoke, Parmesan and Spinach Quiche
- Cheeseburger Quiche
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes and fully searchable by meal type, ingredients etc.
Don't worry if you are not a fan of cottage cheese, you really won't even notice this bacon leek and sweet potato quiche has cottage cheese in it because we blend it until smooth with the eggs. I like to use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ to blend the cottage cheese and eggs. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once completed with this amazing kitchen gadget.
Don’t worry though if you don’t have a full-size blender like mine. A stick immersion blender, like this Koölle Electric Powerful 3-in-1 800 Watt Hand Stick Blender will work just as well.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ VEGETABLES TO THIS BACON LEEK AND SWEET POTATO QUICHE?
There are already some vegetables included in the quiche with those yummy leeks, you could also swap out the sweet potato for butternut squash, just to increase those vegetables even further. I love to serve this bacon leek and sweet potato quiche with a mixed salad of baby greens, carrot ribbons and beetroot. I'm totally obsessed with beets at the moment, just can't seem to get enough of them.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS BACON LEEK AND SWEET POTATO QUICHE?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Wooden Spoon
- Frying Pan
- Oven Proof Dish or quiche dish
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 4 slices of lean bacon (all fat removed), chopped
- 300g (10.5oz) sweet potato, peeled and chopped (or butternut squash)
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 small red onion
- pinch of sweet paprika
- 300g (10.5oz) of cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 90g (3oz) of strong cheddar
- cooking oil spray
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs to a blender and blend until smooth, set aside
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the onion and bacon and fry until lightly golden
- Add in the leeks and sweet potato, some salt and black pepper to season, plus a pinch of sweet paprika and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Transfer to an oven dish or quiche dish and spread out evenly.
- Pour over the top with the cottage cheese and egg mixture and using a spoon, stir the vegetables so that the egg mixture goes fully to the bottom.
- Sprinkle over the top with the cheddar and bake for approx 30-40 mins, cheese should be nice and golden on top and quiche should be cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool for approx 10 minutes before slicing.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 9.4gSaturated Fat 4.9gCholesterol 146mgSodium 566mgCarbohydrates 20.1gFiber 2.4gSugar 5.2gProtein 22.3g