Syn Free Cheesy Cauliflower Garlic Bread – for when you fancy bread without the guilt.
You know how it is, you make up a fresh pot of soup for lunch and then really crave some bread or something similar to dunk it into it, but then remember that you already used your healthy extra b choice on the toast at breakfast.
What can you do? Well you could have bread and syn it, or you could make up a batch of this Cheesy Cauliflower Garlic Bread – which is SYN FREE when using your healthy extra A allowance.
It’s cheesy and garlicky and all those good things and perfect for dunking in soup or this homemade pizza sauce. We all know how yummy garlic breadsticks with pizza sauce are, right?
If you have already made something like this Cauliflower Pizza, you are probably quite familiar with the process of making a base with cauliflower. If you have made mine before, you will know I don’t bother cooking the cauliflower first, like some recipes call for. It really isn’t necessary, and I think the end result is much better if you don’t.
Instead I just add the florets of a head of cauliflower to my food processor. I use the food processor bowl and chopping blade of my Nutri Ninja Complete Kitchen System with auto IQ technology to blitz up the florets. I love this blender and food processor. The auto IQ technology, means it blends or chops to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. So cool!!!
For seasoning the cauliflower for this Cheesy Cauliflower Garlic Bread, I don’t use anything other than salt, as you will be adding flavour with the garlic once the bases are ready to add cheese. You could add some chilli flakes or other seasoning if you want to, but I just keep it basic.
This recipe makes 3 servings. So if not using them all on the day you make these. Just place on a plate and wrap with some clingfilm, then you can just heat in the oven as you want them. They will keep a couple of days in the fridge, otherwise freeze them for next time you make up a pot of soup.
I really recommend serving them with this delicious syn free Cream of Tomato Soup – a match made in heaven.
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago:Crispy Cheddar Pita Chips with Guacamole and Mango Salsa
- 2 years ago: Marinara Sauce
- 3 years ago: Greek Style Quinoa Pots
- 4 years ago: Coconut Green Lentil Curry
- 5 years ago: Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
- 6 years ago: Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Cheddar Patties
- 7 years ago: Low Syn Best Ever Spaghetti Bolognese
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
If you like cheese and garlic, then you just have to give this Syn Free Cheesy Cauliflower Garlic Bread a try.
Syn Free Cheesy Cauliflower Garlic Bread
Yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 7
For the bread:
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx 800g/28oz)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 30g of parmesan cheese, grated
For cheesy garlic topping:
- 30g of parmesan
- 50g of mozzarella
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor in batches and keep pulsing with the blade until it is all fine and almost like a dough.
- Add the cauliflower to a clean tea towel and roll up around the cauliflower like a sack. Keep squeezing until you get as much liquid as you can out from the cauliflower (This is really important).
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add in the parmesan and 3 eggs and mix till well combined.
- Line a large tray with parchment paper (use two trays if you don't have a large one). Lightly spray over the top with spray oil.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal size balls, and flatten out as flat as you can get them, into 3 large oval shapes.
- Spray over the top with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, add the minced garlic, parsley, mozzarella and parmesan to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- After 30 mins remove the cauliflower bread from oven and carefully flip over the and place back in the oven for another 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add the cheesy garlic topping to the bread and spread out.
- Spray over the top with spray oil and place back in the oven till the cheese is melted and lightly golden - approx 8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Healthy Extra A servings of cheese can vary from the UK to the USA, so adjust accordingly.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.1 g
Saturated Fat 7.7 g
Cholesterol 215 mg
Sodium 681 mg
Total Carbohydrates 17.1 g
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 23.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.