Chicken Singapore Noodles
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 0.5 syns per serving
- 4 chicken thighs, sliced into strips
- 200g of dried noodles
- 2 teaspoons of Malaysian Curry Powder (or just use a regular curry powder if you can’t get this)
- 2 teaspoons of Sambal Oelek (chilli paste)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 100g of mushrooms, sliced
- 100g of broccoli slaw (or you can use grated cabbage or bean sprouts)
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strip
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small carrot, grated into long strips
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (you can use sherry instead of this) (1.5 syns)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Frylight or Pam spray
Spray a wok over a medium high heat with some Frylight or Pam spray.
Add the chicken, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek and fry until lightly browned. Add a couple of tablespoons of water, to make a little sauce around the chicken.
Remove and set aside.
Wipe the wok clean, then spray with some more Frylight or Pam spray and add all the vegetables and stir fry for approx 4 mins. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and mirin.
Place the noodles in a bowl of boiling hot water and along to soak until softened for about 5 mins.
Return the chicken with sauce back to the pan and mix to combine all ingredients.
Spray a small wok or frying pan over a medium high heat with some Frylight or Pam spray and add your beaten eggs.
Cook until it starts to set and then break up with a wooden spoon.
Add this into the chicken and vegetables along with the noodles and toss to combine.
Serve in bowls topped with spring onion.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: