This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Original/SP – 1 syn per serving
- 8 boneless/skinless chicken thighs (approx 500g/17.5oz), roughly sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (or other oil of choice) 6 syns
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 eggplant (aubergine), chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsps of cumin
- 2 tsps of coriander
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 can (approx 400ml) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup (240ml) of stock
- freshly chopped coriander
- Add the ghee to a large frying over a medium heat. Once melted add the mustard seeds.
- Once they start to pop, add the onions and fry till softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and chicken thighs and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the chilli, cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and tomato paste and stir to evenly coat.
- Add the eggplant, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until eggplant is softened and sauce has reduced down and thickened.
This curry is delicious served with my Cauliflower and Zucchini rice
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.