This delicious cheesy taco breading works well with any kind of white fish or chicken. I like to serve with rice and a homemade salsa, but it would pair up well with a variety of different sides.
This recipe is Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 3.5 syns per serving
Original/SP – 1 HEa and 3.5 syns per serving (serve with speed foods)
- 2 basa fillet (or use similar white fish)
- 60g (2oz) of whole wheat bread, lightly toasted (6 syns)
- 60g (2oz) of cheddar (2xHEa)
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- salt and black pepper
- few fresh coriander leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- spray oil
- For the corn and tomato salsasee here
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Place the bread, cheddar, chilli powder, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano and fresh coriander into a mini food processor, and blitz until it all resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Spray an oven proof dish with some spray oil.
- Place the basa fillets in the dish and brush over the top with some beaten egg.
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Add the breadcrumb mix to the top of the fillet and gently press down.
- Spray over the top with spray oil and bake in the oven until the topping is nice and golden and crisp.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- I served mine with a homemade
- corn and tomato salsa
- and a mixed grain rice blend.
- This topping works great with any kind of white fish or chicken.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.