Pizza Toasts - for those times when you fancy pizza but don't want to overdo it on the syns allowance.
Yummy Pizza Toasts
Pizza sauce, ham, red onion slithers, melted cheesy goodness and fresh sweet tomato slices - delicious!!
The possibilities are endless with these pizza toasts. On this occasion, I kept them quite simple. But there are so many variations you could choose from.
I didn't have any of my delicious homemade pizza sauce made up when I did these pizza toast, so I just did a quick cheats version. But if you have time I highly recommend making a batch of the pizza sauce and freezing some handy portions.
Toppings for Pizza Toasts
Need some ideas for toppings for pizza? Check out all these yummy suggestions below:
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni (syns vary), oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms (as on recipe) topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with low syn sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives (syns vary) and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta
There are many other variations you can try too on top of the suggestions above.
Pizza Crust Ideas
and if you don't have a healthy extra b choice spare for these pizza toasts. Why not try one of these toppings:
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Sweet Potato Crust
- Pizza Fries
- Pizza Topped Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Pizza Sweet Potato Slices
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Bites
- Pizza Chicken
- The Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Crust
- Hash Brown Waffle Pizza
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
Sides for Pizza
My favourite as a side to Pizza is just a simple mixed salad. You can keep it simple, to just mixed greens, or go for a mixture of some of the below options:
- Crisp Lettuce (romaine, iceberg etc)
- Mixed Leaves (spinach, arugula etc)
- Grated carrot
- Olives (syns/points)
and if you are all about the dressing - try this ranch dressing recipe
and then occasionally depending on what pizza recipe I go for, I like to make some fries or wedges from these yummy recipes:
- Perfect Oven Baked Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Butternut Squash Fries
- Garlic and Herb Potato Wedges
- Spicy Wedges
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 2 slices (2oz/60) of whole wheat bread (1 HEb)
- 50g/2oz of mozzarella cheese (1xHEa), grated or sliced
- 1 large vine tomato, sliced thinly
- half a small red onion, sliced
- 2 slices of ham, sliced up
- Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- Spray oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spray baking tray with spray oil.
- Place on the slices of bread
- Spread with passata and a sprinkling of Italian herbs.
- Add some slithers or red onion and sliced up ham.
- Top with mozzarella
- Add tomato slices to the top. drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven until cheese has melted and toast is crisp and golden. (10-15mins)
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped herbs
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- You can mix up the toppings for these for a variation.
This recipe is vegetarian, gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1 HEa and 1 Heb per serving
- WW Green, Blue and Purple Smart Points - 10 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free bread
- Vegetarian - use vegetarian friendly toppings
NOTE: Be sure to adjust the syns by the toppings you use.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Box Grater
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 386Total Fat 15.8gSaturated Fat 7.7gCholesterol 59.8mgSodium 1169.4mgCarbohydrates 38.6gFiber 6.8gSugar 6.9gProtein 27.4g