Syn Free Ground Turkey Vegetable Bean Soup - The ultimate filling bowl of syn free soup for the chilly Fall weather.
Last week I decided to take on the task of painting my daughter's bedroom, she had chosen her paint colour months ago in the summer, but the paint was still sat in the garage.
So in order to be prepared, I wanted to make up a big pot of soup that I could just heat up and go because I knew it would take a few days to get her bedroom finished.
Grabbing a pack of ground turkey I had in the freezer and raiding the fridge for some vegetables, I also grabbed a tin of Great North White Beans from the pantry and got everything prepped for a hearty Syn Free Ground Turkey Vegetable Bean Soup.
Ground Turkey often has a tendency to be quite dry because it is so lean in fat, except for when you add it to things like chilli and soup of course.
Perfect handy ingredient for the freezer, so I will often grab a pack of it when I go to Costco for yummy meals like this, which are perfect for busy weeks.
One of the great things about soups and chilli's is that they are totally portable too in one of these handy Thermos Food Flasks, if you don't have heating facilities at work.
Both my kids have one of these for days when they take leftovers into school for their lunches. They are not really fans of the usual sandwiches etc so they really do come in handy.
A little peek of her new bedroom. She loves the colours.
- Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Sweetcorn and Leek Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Syn Free Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Cream of Tomato Soup
- Syn Free Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
- Creamy Tomato and Orzo Soup
- Syn Free Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Chicken, Bean and Rice Soup
- Syn Free Bacon and Lentil Soup
- Syn Free Tomato and Chickpea Soup
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850 delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Syn Free Ground Turkey Vegetable Bean Soup?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Dutch oven or large saucepan
- Blender or Immersion Stick Blender
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 455g/1lb of extra lean ground turkey, raw
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 150g/5.5oz of carrot, chopped
- 150g/5.5oz of celery, chopped
- 300g of butternut squash, cubed
- 150g/5.5oz of zucchini, chopped
- pinch of mixed Italian herbs
- 5 cups/1.2L of chicken stock
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 440g of white beans (canned) - I used Great Northern
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- chopped parsley
- Spray a large pot over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray
- Add the ground turkey, season with a little salt and black pepper and brown, remove and set aside.
- Spray with a little more spray oil, add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot and a little bit of the stock to prevent any sticking and fry for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Then Add the butternut squash, mixed herbs, tomato paste and stock and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Once simmered, add half the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and add this back to the rest of the soup, along with the turkey, beans and zucchini and continue to simmer for an additional 10 mins.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper, and stir through some chopped parsley
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy/SP - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 0 per serving
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 3.9gSaturated Fat 1.2gCholesterol 36mgSodium 742mgCarbohydrates 27.1gFiber 9.8gSugar 7.1gProtein 27.3g