Tender Oven Baked Chicken Thighs marinated in a delicious Fusion style sauce over a bed of vegetables. An easy any night of the week recipe that the whole family will love.
Fusion Sauce Marinade
Some boneless chicken thighs can so easily be taken to a whole other level with a few simple ingredients and this simple Fusion style marinade is just that.
But what exactly is Fusion? Fusion just means that it combines different culinary traditions together - for example Indian and Chinese cuisine and it's often those mixture of ingredients that I love most.
Easy Weeknight Meal
When it comes to easy dinners I can throw together for the family, this recipe definitely ticks all the boxes for a simple weeknight meal.
Never be afraid to change up the spices to your family's taste too. I use a mix of spices based on flavours I know my family like, but for example if your kids don't like spicy, just omit the chilli flakes. Don't have any apricot jam, swap with something else that will give that kind of sticky sweetness, like Honey for example. Make use of the ingredients you have available to you. It's the beauty of cooking sometimes.
Can I use Chicken Breast?
I have only made this recipe with boneless skinless chicken thighs. They are definitely my preferred choice when it comes to bakes like this as the chicken really absorbs all those flavours and stays nice and tender.
If you want to use chicken breast I recommend slicing a standard chicken breast in half so you have two thin cutlets per breast, that way you can really cover with the marinade. Also chicken breast really won't take as long to cook, around 20 minutes maximum usually especially if sliced nice and thin.
Vegetables for Chicken Bakes
There really is no right or wrong for vegetables for this bake, but a couple of things to bear in mind if you make some swaps. We are baking everything together in the oven so we want vegetables that will not take longer than the chicken to cook, otherwise they will need to be added first.
I went for thin batons of peppers, carrots, and onion - which are all great vegetables for pairing with the amazing marinade sauce on the chicken.
Some other vegetables that would work well in this are:
- Broccoli Florets
- Courgette (Zucchini)
- Green Beans
- Cauliflower Florets
Sides for Fusion Chicken
Wondering wide sides to pair with this yummy dish. Along with the vegetables in the bake I just went for some simple cooked long grain rice. But some other great sides are:
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Egg Fried Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice - for a low carb option
- Sweet Potato Mash
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Perfect Oven Baked Chips
- Crushed Roast Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for some other recipes for chicken? Check out these:
- Hunters Chicken
- Golden Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Lemon Chilli Chicken
- Asian Sprite Chicken
- Sweet and Sticky Chicken
- Smoked Paprika Chicken Casserole
- Stove Top BBQ Chicken
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
All with estimated calories and Slimming Eats and Weight Watcher Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 680g (24oz) of boneless skinless chicken thighs, uncooked
- ½ tablespoon of freshly grated ginger root
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- zest and juice of half an orange
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into sticks
- 1 red belle pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil spray
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- fresh chopped coriander (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200c, fan 180c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- In a bowl mix together the jam, soy sauce, spices, ginger, garlic, orange juice, zest and tomato Paste.
- Add the chicken thighs and mix to evenly coat in the marinade.
- Scatter the onion, peppers and carrot in an oven proof dish or shallow dutch oven.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs on top, brushing any excess sauce left in the bowl over the top of the chicken. Spray over the top with olive oil spray and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Bake in oven until chicken is cooked through and tender. Approx 30 mins
- Top with some freshly chopped coriander (optional) and sliced spring onions.
- Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1.8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 34mgSodium 695mgCarbohydrates 18.6gFiber 2.6gSugar 10.8gProtein 36.3g
Nutritional information, values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.