Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae - a Delicious combination of mixed berries, lemon flavoured Greek yoghurt and crumbled shortbread for a perfect after dinner dessert.
You've eaten dinner and a little while later fancy something sweet. How about this yummy Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae? It is a delicious treat and feels so decadent.
Making a dessert like this with fruit and Greek yoghurt is a much healthier option too. The addition of a crumbled shortbread just takes it to that next level of deliciousness. Perfection!!
Lemon Flavoured Greek Yoghurt
Plain Fat Free Greek yoghurt on it's own can be a little tart and boring. So to make it feel more of a treat for this sundae. I add some lemon for flavouring and little bit of Sukrin which is a naturally derived granulated sweetner.
You can use any sweetener you like, just make sure you check the labelling as not all sweeteners are equal. Sukrin is used like for like to sugar, but some sweeteners you need to use much less and of course some do have an overpowering taste that isn't pleasant, so it's always worth using one you know you like.
If you don't want to use sweeteners at all (I prefer Sukrin because it's Erythritol based and naturally derived), feel free to use some honey or maple syrup instead. Just be aware that will add more calories overall.
Fruit for Yoghurt Sundaes
I like to use frozen mixed berries along with fresh berries. Defrosting the berries ever so slightly makes them more syrupy and delicious without having to add any sugar or syrup.
Don't fancy berries? You can swap out the berries for any fruit of your choice.
Flavoured Greek Yoghurt
For this Fruity Yoghurt Sundae, I went for lemon flavouring as it's a great pairing with berries and shortbread.
If you are using different fruit, you might want to change the flavourings to compliment what fruit you are using.
Vanilla is a great choice that goes with most fruit. You can even add in a little cocoa powder for a chocolate yoghurt.
Best Cookies For Yoghurt Sundaes
I love shortbreads, I think it's that crumbly buttery flavour that is just heavenly.
and adding it to this yoghurt sundae makes it kind of cheesecake like and who doesn't love cheesecake.
Shortbread fingers can vary in calorie, so you may need to double check the the one you use. The ones I used in this recipe are 95 calories each.
If you want to go for a totally different biscuit, then you can really vary this up. Ginger Nuts, for example, are great with fruit like fresh peaches or pear, digestives are great with all kinds of fruit and you could even choose an oreo if you go for fruit like banana or a vanilla/chocolate flavoured yoghurt.
More Yoghurt Desserts
Looking for some other Yoghurt based desserts? Check out the following:
- Creme Egg Yoghurt Parfait
- Banana Granola Yoghurt Parfait
- Pumpkin Granola Yoghurt Parfait
- Mint Chocolate Yoghurt Parfait
- Pear Crumble Yogurt Parfait
- Baileys Cookies and Cream Yogurt Parfait
or head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
|Come and follow me on:|
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 1 cup (120g) of frozen mixed berries
- 350g (1.5 cups) of fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- couple of drops of lemon extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sweetener (I use sukrin)
- 2 shortbread fingers - 10 syns (can use a gluten free alternative)
- 0.5 cups of fresh raspberries
- Add the frozen berries to a.bowl and let defrost (or microwave for 30-40 secs)
- Add the yoghurt to a bowl with the sweetner, lemon juice and zest, and couple of drops of lemon extract (optional - see notes) and whisk until all combined.
- Add the shortbread fingers to a bag and roughly bash to smaller pieces
- Using two glass (I use no stem wine glass) add a ¼ of the yoghurt to each glass.
- Then add the defrosted berries to the top of the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle in half the broken up shortbread fingers
- Top with the remaining yoghurt and the remaining broken up shortbread and a few fresh raspberries (blueberries or strawberries are great too).
- Dig in and enjoy!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 5 syns per serving
- WW Green Smart Points - 10 per serving
- WW Blue Smart Points - 8 per serving
- WW Purple Smart Points - 8 per serving
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free shortbread/cookie
NOTE: The lemon extract adds a stronger lemon flavour, but you can skip if you don't have this or try with different flavourings such as vanilla, orange etc.
Additional: For a few extra syns/points/calories add some light aerosol cream to the top.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided only.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SUNDAE
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 5.4gSaturated Fat 3.4gCholesterol 10mgSodium 165mgCarbohydrates 34.2gFiber 4gSugar 14.6gProtein 18.9g