Doner Kebab Meatzza - the ultimate fakeaway for when you can't decide between pizza or a kebab.
A popular fakeaway recipe right here on Slimming Eats is the delicious Doner Kebab. It tastes amazing, satisfies those cravings for a kebab, but is far more healthier than the ones you might buy after a drunken night out. (not that I've ever done that, honest!!). In this recipe, you know the exact ingredients you are eating. Which is a huge biggie for me.
This Doner Kebab Meatzza was a bit of a brainwave moment. I had bought some ground lamb to make my Doner Kebab fakeaway, but then realized I hate forgotten to get the pitta bread. Doh!!
Not wanting to miss out on my planned meal, I figured I could just make the meat part and serve with a salad and some chips, but that idea went that one stop further, with the invention of this amazing Doner Kebab Meatzza. It ticked all the boxes and I really didn't miss the pita bread at all.
To keep this super authentic I used ground lamb, which of course will add some fat to this recipe, as it's virtually impossible to buy less than 5% fat extra lean ground lamb unless you are making it yourself. So if you want this meal to be low fat (apart from the Homemade Garlic Sauce of course), then I recommend swapping the lamb for extra lean ground beef.
The unique blend of spices I use, really does give that authentic doner kebab taste.
Want some other delicious Fakeaway Recipes? Here are some of my favourites:
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Fakeaway
- Chinese Fakeaway Night
- Indian Fakeaway Night
- The Ultimate Pizza
- The Perfect Chip Shop Chips
- Best Ever Fish and Chips Fakeaway Night
- KFC Style Feast Fakeaway Night
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients etc
Notice those super crispy golden chips? Those were cooked using my Tefal Actifry. To get them super crispy and golden I follow the parboiling method to my Perfect Chips.
Once you add them to the actifry, you can either use cooking oil spray to keep them low fat or 1 tbs of oil, which is a perfectly acceptable choice if you are making chips for say 4 people.
How can I add a Vegetables to this Doner Kebab Meatzza?
I serve with a mixed salad - crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. The perfect salad to accompany this Doner Kebab Meatzza, but you really could serve alongside any vegetables of your choosing. Another option is to swap the chips for these Butternut Squash Chips?
What Kitchen Items do I need for this Doner Kebab Meatzza?
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1lb/455g of lean ground lamb or use extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbs of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of oregano
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of chilli powder (or small pinch of cayenne)
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- mixed salad - tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, chopped
- fresh chopped coriander
- black pepper
- for the Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup of fat-free plain yoghurt (not greek)
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp of salt
- pinch of dried dill
- Preheat oven to 230c/450f
- Add the ground lamb, cornstarch and herbs/spices to a bowl and knead all together well.
- Add to a round ovenproof dish (you may want to line with parchment paper if it is not non stick).
- Push down in the dish so that it resembles a large round burger (like a pizza base shape).
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins until cooked through.
- While the base is cooking, add the ingredients for the garlic sauce into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Once the meatzza base ready, allow to cool slightly, then top with the garlic sauce (save some to serve on the side), add some tomato slices, cucumber and red onion, coriander and a little black pepper.
- Slice and enjoy
- Serve with your choice of sides
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1 serving (⅕ of the pizza)
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 9.8gSaturated Fat 4.7gCholesterol 0.9mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 6.6gFiber 0.9gSugar 2.3gProtein 19.1g