Doner Kebab Meatzza - the ultimate low syn fakeaway for when you can't decide between pizza or a kebab.
A popular fakeaway recipe right here on Slimming Eats is the delicious Doner Kebab. It tastes amazing, satisfies those cravings for a kebab, but is far more healthier than the ones you might buy after a drunken night out. (not that I've ever done that, honest!!). In this recipe, you know the exact ingredients you are eating. Which is a huge biggie for me.
This Doner Kebab Meatzza was a bit of a brainwave moment. I had bought some ground lamb to make my Doner Kebab fakeaway, but then realized I hate forgotten to get the pitta bread. Doh!!
Not wanting to miss out on my planned meal, I figured I could just make the meat part and serve with a salad and some syn free chips, but that idea went that one stop further, with the invention of this amazing Doner Kebab Meatzza. It ticked all the boxes and I really didn't miss the pita bread at all.
To keep this super authentic I used ground lamb, which of course will add some syns to this recipe, as it's virtually impossible to buy less than 5% fat extra lean ground lamb unless you are making it yourself. So if you want this meal to be syn free (apart from the Homemade Garlic Sauce of course), then I recommend swapping the lamb for extra lean ground beef.
The unique blend of spices I use, really does give that authentic doner kebab taste.
Want some other delicious Fakeaway Recipes? Here are some of my favourites:
- Syn Free Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Fakeaway
- Chinese Fakeaway Night
- Indian Fakeaway Night
- The Ultimate Syn Free Pizza
- The Perfect Syn Free Chip Shop Chips
- Best Ever Low Syn Fish and Chips Fakeaway Night
- KFC Style Feast Fakeaway Night
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc
Notice those super crispy golden chips? Those were cooked using my Tefal Actifry. To get them super crispy and golden I follow the parboiling method to my Perfect Syn Free Chips.
Once you add them to the actifry, you can either use cooking oil spray to keep them syn free or 1 tbs of oil, which is a perfectly acceptable choice if you are making chips for say 4 people. 1 tablespoon of oil is only 6 syns, which means just 1.5 syns per serving. Exactly the kind of things your syns are there for.
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Doner Kebab Meatzza?
I serve with a mixed salad - crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. The perfect salad to accompany this Doner Kebab Meatzza, but you really could serve alongside any speed foods of your choosing. Another option is to swap the syn free chips for these Butternut Squash Chips?
What Kitchen Items do I need for this Doner Kebab Meatzza?
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1lb/455g of lean ground lamb (syns) or use extra lean ground beef (7 syns)
- 1 tbs of cornstarch (1.5 syns)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ½ tsp of oregano
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of chilli powder (or small pinch of cayenne)
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- mixed salad - tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, chopped
- fresh chopped coriander
- black pepper
- for the Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup of fat-free plain yoghurt (not greek)
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of light mayonnaise (2 syns)
- 1 tsp of sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp of salt
- pinch of dried dill
- Preheat oven to 230c/450f
- Add the ground lamb, cornstarch and herbs/spices to a bowl and knead all together well.
- Add to a round ovenproof dish (you may want to line with parchment paper if it is not non stick).
- Push down in the dish so that it resembles a large round burger (like a pizza base shape).
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins until cooked through.
- While the base is cooking, add the ingredients for the garlic sauce into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Once the meatzza base ready, allow to cool slightly, then top with the garlic sauce (save some to serve on the side), add some tomato slices, cucumber and red onion, coriander and a little black pepper.
- Slice and enjoy
- Serve with your choice of sides
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2.5 syns per serving (or 0.5 syns if using ground beef)
- WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
- Dairy Free - use dairy-free yoghurt (adjust syns)
syn value in lean ground lamb can vary so ensure you check the syns on the one you use.
You can omit the cornstarch if you prefer, I just find it helps the texture of the base and keeps it tender.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1 serving (⅕ of the pizza)
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 9.8gSaturated Fat 4.7gCholesterol 0.9mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 6.6gFiber 0.9gSugar 2.3gProtein 19.1g