Stay on plan with my method for the PERFECT Syn Free Chip Shop Chips you can make at home 😍😋
I already gave you Perfect Crispy Syn Free Oven Baked Chips, but what if you want Syn Free Chip Shop Chips like these?
The key is the type of potato you use - for crispy chips you need a floury type potato, but for chips just like you get from the chip shop, I recommend using a waxy variety of potato.
Here in Canada - Yukon Gold Potatoes are perfect for that, they have an amazing buttery flavour and cook exactly like chip shop chips, in the UK a variety like Elfe Potatoes are similar, but any other waxy type of potato will do.
The beauty of these Chips Shop Chips is that you don't even need to parboil the potatoes, just cut to the desired shape, spray with oil, spread on a baking tray or place in a Tefal Actifry and cook until lightly golden.
Then all you need to do is add some salt and vinegar to these delicious Syn Free Chip Shop Chips or if you are from the South of England like me, you might fancy some onion vinegar on these, which is seriously the best thing ever on Chip Shop Chips.
Looking for some other recipes that use chips/fries? Check out these delicious options below:
- Perfect Crispy Syn Free Chips
- Syn Free Curly Fries
- Garlic Parmesan Fries with Ranch Dip
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Canadian Poutine
- Big Mac Fries
- Syn Free Chip Shop Curry Sauce
- Low Syn Ketchup
- Chilli Cheese Fries
- Best Ever Low Syn Fish and Chips
- Pizza Fries
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients and syn value etc
What Kitchen Items do I need to make these Perfect Syn Free Chips Shop Chips?
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
The Perfect Syn Free Chip Shop Chips | Slimming World
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Green - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 5
- 500g of Waxy Potatoes, peeled (yukon gold, Elfe or similar variety)
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Cut Chips to the desired shape
- Add to a bowl, spray with cooking oil spray and toss to coat.
- Spread out a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Spray over the top again with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 40 mins until lightly golden.
- Season with salt and vinegar
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 42.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.