Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars - a healthier guilt-free version of the ever so popular Starbucks treat.
This time of year sees one of my favourite treats appear in Starbucks - the ever so delicious Cranberry Bliss Bars, which are a blondie cookie base topped with a sweet cream cheese and white chocolate drizzle. Heavenly!!
Just one small triangle of this popular dessert item at Starbucks will cost you 300 calories or 15 syns (yikes). Totally doable if you want to save your syns to enjoy the real deal and believe me, I've done it. However, that leaves you zero syns for the rest of the day.
With that in mind, I just had to create a healthier low synned version I could enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon or evening.
Baked Oats are such a popular choice for a low syn treat on Slimming World and I have already given you quite the selection to choose from:
- Cherry Almond Baked Oats
- White Chocolate Raspberry Baked Oats
- Smore’s Baked Oats
- Banana Baked Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oats
- Pina Colada Baked Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oats
- Gingerbread Baked Oats
- Blueberry and Lemon Baked Oats
- Mince Pie Baked Oats
- Pear and Chocolate Baked Oats
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Oats
as well as
So I figured why can't I do the same and create these yummy Cranberry Bliss Bake Oat Bars - and I am so glad I did. These are delicious!!!
A yummy baked oat base with cranberries and white chocolate chips, topped with an orange/vanilla infused quark topping and white chocolate drizzle as well as some more dried cranberries of course.
You will need either a Food Processor or a Mini blender, to pulse the oats until fine.
For baking the oat base I use a 13x9.5 inch baking tray, so you will need one of similar size to make this, even a baking dish will work. Don't worry if it is slightly smaller, it should work fine.
Then you can choose to use either honey or if you for an even more white chocolate taste some Options White Chocolate Drink Powder to mix into the quark. The amounts mentioned as per the recipe box are equal in syn value, so you can choose what you prefer.
I'll still enjoy the regular 300 calories ones occasionally, but when I don't want to use all my syns like that in one go, these Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars are going to be perfect.
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join us.
Want some additional recipes? head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ amazing Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value, Weight Watchers smart points etc..
What kitchen items do I need to make these Cranberry Bliss Baked Oats Bars?
- Mini Blender or Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Jug
- Santoku Knife
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Tray
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 160g of oats (4x HEb's)
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp of ginger
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tbs of sukrin gold (or use another Erythritol sweetener of your choice)
- 30g of white chocolate
- 40g of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of quark
- 2 tbs of honey
- little zest of the juice of an orange
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the oat to a blender or food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add to a bowl along with the baking powder, pinch of salt, cinnamon and ginger and mix to combine.
- Chop half of the cranberries and half of the white chocolate into smaller pieces, stir into the mix.
- In a separate bowl mix together the apple sauce, Sukrin (or sweetener of choice)m vanilla extract and eggs
- Add this into the oats and fold until all combined
- line a 13x9.5 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the mixture to the tray and spread out in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins (skewer entered into the middle should come out clear.
- Allow to cool and then carefully remove to a rack.
- Mix together the quark, honey and orange juice/zest
- Once oat base has cooled, carefully spread over the top.
- Add the remaining white chocolate to a bowl and melt at 10 sec intervals in the microwave until melted. Then add to a small ziplock bag, push the melted chocolate to one corner of the bag, snip of the edge and drizzle all over the top of the quark.
- Chop into smaller pieces the remaining dried cranberries and sprinkle these over the top.
- Slice into 4 equal size rectangles, then slice each rectangle in half again, and then those halves into triangles, so you have 16 triangles in total.
- These are then ready to enjoy!!
- I recommend refrigerating or freezing on a tray if not eating within 2 days.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 3 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 3 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free oats
or 4 Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars (triangles for 1 HEb and 6 syns)
If you prefer you can swap the honey for 28g of white chocolate options powder for that additional white chocolate flavour.
*Suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 2.4gSaturated Fat 0.9gCholesterol 34.9mgSodium 60.8mgCarbohydrates 13.1gFiber 1.2gSugar 6.5gProtein 3.8g