What better way to start your day than with this delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal. It's everything you love about one of the nation's most favourite sandwiches, but all made healthier in this delicious baked oatmeal dish.
Hey, don't just save it for breakfast, this can be enjoyed any time of day. Even for dessert, but without that guilt, that is normally associated with sweet things.
Kraft Peanut Butter 100% all natural - are made with only simple ingredients and have just the kind of ingredient list I love to see. No ingredients you can't pronounce, just 100% natural.
Now with four variations, you have plenty to choose from to satisfy those peanut butter cravings.
Kraft have the following peanut butters:
- Smooth: All natural smooth peanut butter with just 1 ingredient - peanuts
- Crunchy: All natural crunchy peanut butter with just 1 ingredient - peanuts
- Sea Salt: All natural peanut butter with the addition of 1 extra ingredient - sea salt
- Honey: All natural peanut butter with the addition of 1 extra ingredient - honey
These delicious all natural peanut butters can be found in the peanut butter aisle of your local grocery store here in Canada and they really do taste great, they all got the big thumbs up from the kids.
You will notice with natural peanut butter, that the the oil settles to the top, so upon opening to use, you should stir and then refrigerate.
A great tip for storing it in the fridge is to place it upside down. This helps keep the natural oil of the peanuts mixed, so that the peanut butter is ready to go next time you need to use it.
Peanut butter is a great choice for a healthy snack. It's one of my go to's for the kids when rushed for time. We will often all share some crisp sweet apple slices with a side of all natural peanut butter for dunking. Great for keeping us going until our main meal.
One of our go to main meals actually uses peanut butter too. It's this delicious Chicken Drumsticks in Peanut Sauce and is a perfect family friendly meal served with some veggies and rice. The sauce is just divine!!
My favourite out of the four Kraft All Natural Peanut Butter's is most definitely the Crunchy. There is nothing better than creamy peanut butter, with little crunchy bites of peanuts and I figured this would be the perfect choice for this delicious Peanut and Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal.
I spooned some of the oat mixture into an oven proof dish, then added some fruit spread followed by a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter and then topped with the remaining mixture before being placed in the oven to bake.
Baked Oatmeal is such a great idea, as it can be eaten at home straight out of the oven, or made in advance for a meal on the go, especially if you are any early riser for work and don't feel like eating till a bit later on.
This amazing Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal will keep you well satiated up until lunch time. It's perfect with your morning cuppa and some fresh fruit, particularly strawberries - yum!!
HOW TO MAKE THIS PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BAKED OATMEAL
Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
Yield 1 serving
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy: 1 HEb and 5.5 syns
- Green/Vegetarian: 1 HEb and 5.5 syns
- Original: 1 HEb and 5.5 syns
- WW Smart Points: 11
- Gluten Free: use gluten-free oats
- 40g of oats - 1
- ¾ tbs of Sukrin: gold (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 100g of fat free yoghurt of choice
- ½ tbs of strawberry fruit spread - 1 syn
- 1 tbs of Kraft All Natural Crunch Peanut Butter (or can use smooth if you prefer) - 4.5 syns
- 1 egg
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 190c/375f
- Add the oats to a bowl and stir in the sweetener and baking powder
- Add the yoghurt and egg and whisk till combined.
- Grease a small oven dish with some spray oil (approx 4.5 inches)
- Pour in about half the mixture.
- Add the fruit spread and then the crunchy peanut butter.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 mins until lightly golden.
- Serve with some fresh fruit.
The syns for the baking powder is negligible
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.2 g
Saturated Fat 3.2 g
Cholesterol 186 mg
Sodium 377 mg
Total Carbohydrates 39 g
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 18.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.