What better way to start your day than with this delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal. It's everything you love about one of the nation's most favourite sandwiches, but all made healthier in this delicious baked oatmeal dish.
Hey, don't just save it for breakfast, this can be enjoyed any time of day. Even for dessert, but without that guilt, that is normally associated with sweet things.
Kraft Peanut Butter 100% all natural - are made with only simple ingredients and have just the kind of ingredient list I love to see. No ingredients you can't pronounce, just 100% natural.
Now with four variations, you have plenty to choose from to satisfy those peanut butter cravings.
Kraft have the following peanut butters:
- Smooth: All natural smooth peanut butter with just 1 ingredient - peanuts
- Crunchy: All natural crunchy peanut butter with just 1 ingredient - peanuts
- Sea Salt: All natural peanut butter with the addition of 1 extra ingredient - sea salt
- Honey: All natural peanut butter with the addition of 1 extra ingredient - honey
These delicious all natural peanut butters can be found in the peanut butter aisle of your local grocery store here in Canada and they really do taste great, they all got the big thumbs up from the kids.
You will notice with natural peanut butter, that the the oil settles to the top, so upon opening to use, you should stir and then refrigerate.
A great tip for storing it in the fridge is to place it upside down. This helps keep the natural oil of the peanuts mixed, so that the peanut butter is ready to go next time you need to use it.
Peanut butter is a great choice for a healthy snack. It's one of my go to's for the kids when rushed for time. We will often all share some crisp sweet apple slices with a side of all natural peanut butter for dunking. Great for keeping us going until our main meal.
One of our go to main meals actually uses peanut butter too. It's this delicious Chicken Drumsticks in Peanut Sauce and is a perfect family friendly meal served with some veggies and rice. The sauce is just divine!!
My favourite out of the four Kraft All Natural Peanut Butter's is most definitely the Crunchy. There is nothing better than creamy peanut butter, with little crunchy bites of peanuts and I figured this would be the perfect choice for this delicious Peanut and Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal.
I spooned some of the oat mixture into an oven proof dish, then added some fruit spread followed by a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter and then topped with the remaining mixture before being placed in the oven to bake.
Baked Oatmeal is such a great idea, as it can be eaten at home straight out of the oven, or made in advance for a meal on the go, especially if you are any early riser for work and don't feel like eating till a bit later on.
This amazing Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal will keep you well satiated up until lunch time. It's perfect with your morning cuppa and some fresh fruit, particularly strawberries - yum!!
HOW TO MAKE THIS PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BAKED OATMEAL
- 40g (1.4oz) of porridge oats, uncooked
- ¾ tablespoon of granulated sweetener (I use erythritol)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 100g of fat free Greek yoghurt
- ½ tablespoon of strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon of Kraft All Natural Crunch Peanut Butter (or can use smooth if you prefer)
- 1 large egg
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 190c (375f)
- Add the oats to a bowl and stir in the sweetener and baking powder
- Add the yoghurt and egg and whisk till combined.
- Grease a small oven dish with some spray oil (approx 4.5 inches)
- Pour in about half the mixture.
- Add the fruit spread and then the crunchy peanut butter.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 mins until lightly golden.
- Serve with some fresh fruit.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 209mgSodium 574mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 22g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.