I just can't get enough of baked oats at present and this version combines two of my favourite ingredients - coconut and pineapple. So of course it just has to be called Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal as it could not possibly be anything else.
The great thing about baked oatmeal, is that it can be made the night before and it is all ready for the morning, either eaten cold or warmed up for a few minutes in the oven.
I love baked oatmeal, I occasionally save my healthy extra b choice so that I can have it for a dessert, either served with yoghurt and fruit or some light cream.
These are just some of the baked oatmeal recipes I have made so far:
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal
To sweeten the Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal, I used a mixture of Sukrin:1 and Sukrin Gold ( both natural sweeteners with no aftertaste and my preferred choice when making baked goods or wanting to sweeten things). Up until my discovering of these, I would just use honey or maple syrup, as I hate that aftertaste that certain sweeteners can have, but these really taste good. The Sukrin gold is my fav, as it is pretty close to brown sugar.
I recommend slightly cooking the pineapple first, for this Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal as directed in the recipe instructions. I tried without first and the oat mixture doesn't cook properly. I also use unsweetened shredded coconut for the top, but if you want to use sweetened then by all means do.
I use fat free vanilla yoghurt in the mixture with a little coconut extract, but if you can find a fat free coconut yoghurt, then you could use that instead.
This Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal is gluten free when using gluten free oats and baking powder. It is also suitable for vegetarians.
Great served with some yoghurt and fresh pineapple.
- 40g (1.5oz) of oats
- 100g of fresh pineapple
- 2 tsp of sukrin:gold (or another sweetener of choice)
- ¾ tbs of of Sukrin:1 - for both of the sukrin
- 1 tsp of coconut extract
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 100g (⅓ cup) of fat free vanilla or coconut yoghurt
- 1 large egg
- ½ tbs of unsweetened shredded coconut
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 190c/375f
- Add the pineapple and sukrin:gold to a saucepan
- Simmer on a medium heat until pineapple is a nice golden colour (approx 5 minutes)
- Grease a small oven proof dish with spray oil
- Add the pineapple to the bottom in a layer.
- Add to a bowl - the oats, sukrin:1, ½ tsp of baking powder, yoghurt, coconut extract and egg and whisk to combine
- Pour on top of the pineapple
- Sprinkle with the shredded coconut
- Bake in the oven for 40 mins till set and lightly golden. A skewer entered in the centre should come out clear.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 10.3gSaturated Fat 3.7gCholesterol 186mgSodium 366mgCarbohydrates 43.1gFiber 5.2gSugar 15.1gProtein 15.3g