Cranberry Almond Chicken Meatballs - delicious protein bites with sliced almonds and the yummy sweetness of dried cranberries.
I love making meatballs. They are so easy to make and you can easily vary them by adding a variety of mix in's or different ground meats.
They are a perfect recipe for adding some protein to your meals.
Some of my favourite way to enjoy these are just as they are as a snack, as a side to soup, or with a nice mixed salad and some low syn dressing or dipping sauce - yum!!
Extra Lean meat can sometimes be a little dry, so adding in delicious mix-ins like the cranberries and almonds in these, really takes them to a whole other level.
As well as the dried fruit and nuts in these Cranberry Almond Chicken Meatballs, I also like to add in some sauteed onion, mixed herbs and of course a pinch of sea salt. I don't add an egg to these because no egg is needed. These are perfect just as they are.
I probably make a batch of meatballs like this at least once a week and keep them in the fridge. They are great for making in advance and will keep about 3-4 days in the fridge.
I enjoyed these with a mixed salad of crispy lettuce, grated carrot, purple cabbage, sliced radishes and some roasted paprika sweet potato. A delicious and healthy plate of food.
For the dressing/dip that I served with this, I mixed 4 tbs of fat-free plain yoghurt with 1 tbs of mayonnaise, a little lemon juice, pinch of poppy seeds, dill and parsley and some salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, if you like a sweeter dressing you can add in a little maple syrup or sweetener of your choice.
This pairs really well with these Cranberry Almond Chicken Meatballs as well as this Low Syn Ranch Dressing, Cilantro Lime Dress or Louisiana Remoulade.
Great suggestions don't you think?
and if you love the look of these Cranberry Almond Chicken Meatballs why not check out some of these other recipes:
- LAMB AND MINT MEATBALLS IN A SWEET AND SPICY SAUCE
- LOW SYN SLOW COOKER ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- FIRECRACKER CHICKEN MEATBALLS (INSTANT POT AND STOVE TOP)
- MEGA STUFFED MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND GRAVY
- CHICKEN QUINOA MEATBALLS IN A VEGGIE SAUCE
- LOW SYN MOUSSAKA MEATBALLS
- CHICKEN AND MANGO MEATBALLS WITH A SPICY MANGO SAUCE
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by ingredients.
How can I add ⅓ speed foods with this Cranberry Almond Chicken Meatballs?
Luckily it's really easy to include some speed foods with these, as they will go well with literally anything, salad, roasted vegetables, cauliflower rice, roasted butternut squash.
Kitchen Items I used to make this Cranberry Almond Chicken Meatballs:
- Kitchen Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Jug
- Santoku Knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Frying Pan
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 550g (19.5oz) of extra lean ground chicken (mince) - or can use ground turkey
- ¾ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp of ground sage
- 20g (2 tbs) of dried cranberries, chopped up into small pieces - 3 syns
- 7g (1 tbs) of sliced almonds - 2 syns
- half a small onion, finely diced
- cooking oil spray (I used avocado)
- Preheat the oven to 225c or 420f
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray, add the onion and fry until softened and translucent.
- Add to a bowl with the ground chicken, salt, herbs, sage, cranberries and almonds, mix till well combined.
- Form into 20 equal size meatballs and add to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 15 mins, they should be lightly golden on the outside and cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- Perfect protein bites!!
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 per serving
- Original/SP - 1.5 per serving
- WW Smart Points - 1 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving (5 meatballs)
Amount Per Serving Calories 195Total Fat 7.8gSaturated Fat 2.1gCholesterol 82mgSodium 684mgCarbohydrates 5.7gFiber 0.7gSugar 3.9gProtein 26.7g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.