Enjoy this fresh and colourful Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad - a perfect meal for a hot summer's day.
Love Avocado? Love Strawberries? Then this delicious and healthy salad is just for you. It combines the freshest of ingredients, nothing complicated and will become a regular recipe once you try it.
In the summer I love salads, but they have to have the right components of ingredients, too much green and it can become a little boring, instead I like to combine protein, greens, a little fruit for something, salad veg with crunch and occasionally I will go all out and add some creamy fresh avocado, but it's seriously the best addition to any salad.
Do you avoid avocado, because you assume it is extremely high in syns? You need to check out the post I did on Avocado and Slimming World which has 14 amazing ways to enjoy this delicious and beautiful ingredient. It's actually pretty reasonable and I will happily use some syns to enjoy it in this Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad.
Remember, syns are there to use on whatever you want, that's the beauty of Slimming World, not food is off limits, so if you want it, and you have the syns for it, enjoy some.
Whats not to like about tender herby seasoned pieces of chicken, with lettuce, onion, crunchy baby cucumber, fresh strawberries and creamy avocado? and it's so quick to make too.
But you may be thinking, hey I can't eat this Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad without some dressing and don't worry I have that covered too, with a delicious light Poppyseed Dressing that accompanies this salad beautifully.
Love salads like this and want some more to add to your meal plan? Check out these:
- Low Syn Taco Salad Bowl
- Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad Bowl
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Low Syn Seafood Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Tuna Mayo Salad
- Low Syn Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mayo Salad
- Tuscan Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Syn Free Healthy Potato Salad
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World recipes all searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SALAD?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowls
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad | Slimming World
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 4 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 6
- 4 small chicken thighs, sliced into small pieces
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of paprika
- pinch of mixed herbs
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups of baby greens
- 84g of chopped avocado (7 syns)
- 12 strawberries, chopped
for the poppyseed dressing:
- 3 heaped tbs of fat-free plain yoghurt (not Greek)
- juice of half a small lemon
- ½ tbs of maple syrup (1 syn)
- ½ tsp of yellow mustard
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- pinch of poppyseeds
- pinch of salt
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray, add the chicken thighs, garlic powder, paprika, mixed herbs, salt and black pepper and fry till the chicken is lightly golden and cooked through, remove and set aside.
- Add the ingredients for the poppyseed dressing to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide the baby greens among two bowls.
- Add some chicken to each bowl, then strawberries, red onion, avocado and baby cucumber
- Drizzle each bowl with the poppy seed dressing, dig in and enjoy!!
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.8 g
Saturated Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 216 mg
Sodium 345 mg
Total Carbohydrates 23.3 g
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 21.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.