Enjoy this fresh and colourful Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad - a perfect meal for a hot summer's day.
Love Avocado? Love Strawberries? Then this delicious and healthy salad is just for you. It combines the freshest of ingredients, nothing complicated and will become a regular recipe once you try it.
In the summer I love salads, but they have to have the right components of ingredients, too much green and it can become a little boring, instead I like to combine protein, greens, a little fruit for something, salad veg with crunch and occasionally I will go all out and add some creamy fresh avocado, but it's seriously the best addition to any salad.
Do you avoid avocado, because you assume it is extremely high in calories? You need to check out the post I did on Avocado and Slimming Eats which has 14 amazing ways to enjoy this delicious and beautiful ingredient. It's actually pretty reasonable and I will happily use some to enjoy it in this Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad.
Whats not to like about tender herby seasoned pieces of chicken, with lettuce, onion, crunchy baby cucumber, fresh strawberries and creamy avocado? and it's so quick to make too.
But you may be thinking, hey I can't eat this Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad without some dressing and don't worry I have that covered too, with a delicious light Poppyseed Dressing that accompanies this salad beautifully.
Love salads like this and want some more to add to your meal plan? Check out these:
- Taco Salad Bowl
- Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad Bowl
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Seafood Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Tuna Mayo Salad
- Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mayo Salad
- Tuscan Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes all searchable by meal type, ingredients etc
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SALAD?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowls
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 4 small chicken thighs, sliced into small pieces
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of paprika
- pinch of mixed herbs
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups of baby greens
- 84g of chopped avocado
- 12 strawberries, chopped
- for the poppyseed dressing:
- 3 heaped tbs of fat-free plain yoghurt (not Greek)
- juice of half a small lemon
- ½ tbs of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of yellow mustard
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- pinch of poppyseeds
- pinch of salt
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray, add the chicken thighs, garlic powder, paprika, mixed herbs, salt and black pepper and fry till the chicken is lightly golden and cooked through, remove and set aside.
- Add the ingredients for the poppyseed dressing to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide the baby greens among two bowls.
- Add some chicken to each bowl, then strawberries, red onion, avocado and baby cucumber
- Drizzle each bowl with the poppy seed dressing, dig in and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 9.8gSaturated Fat 1.6gCholesterol 216mgSodium 345mgCarbohydrates 23.3gFiber 7.9gSugar 12.4gProtein 21.5g