Everyone will go crazy for this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread – a perfect sharing side or party appetizer.
This week I had serious cravings for Garlic Bread. There are various options out there for making a Slimming World friendly garlic bread, but none really cut it when those cravings get the better of you.
I’ve had great success making bread using my healthy extra of oats. So far I have given you these amazing recipes:
and had the great idea to have a go at a Pull-Apart Garlic Bread.
First I mixed the ingredients for the bread – oats, yoghurt, egg, a pinch of salt and baking powder. Simple ingredients, nothing complicated or unhealthy, and can even be gluten free if you use gluten-free oats.
You will need a blender or food processor to grind the oats. I use the cups of my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once complete in this amazing kitchen gadget. You can also use a mini food processor to grind the oats.
Then I baked the bread, to get a delicious Syn Free Loaf. Enough to serve 3, as I was just cooking for me and the kids tonight.
Once baked, I left to cool slightly and then scored it in diagonals, both ways, making sure not to slice all the way through. Then carefully open up each crack and give it a little spray of spray oil. I also sprinkle with a little pinch of salt into the scores (this is optional).
Next came the mix for that amazing Cheesy Garlic Bread flavour. In a bowl I mixed mozzarella and good quality white cheddar, chopped fresh parsley, a little bit of spray oil and that all important ingredient – Garlic!!! as of course it just wouldn’t be Garlic bread without it.
Crumble up all the mixture with your hands so everything gets combined together, and you will be hit with that amazing wonderful aroma that you just know is going to be amazing.
Then getting little spoonfuls of the cheese garlic mixture, push it down into the slits in the bread and place bake in the oven for about 10-12 mins until the cheese has melted and is lightly golden.
Serve this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread in the middle of the table with your main course and impress the whole family or serve it at a party and amaze all your guests. They will not believe this is Slimming World friendly.
Hey, you could even take this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread along to a Slimming World Taster – don’t forget to mention Slimming Eats if you do. All support to the blog is appreciated.
Wondering what dish to serve with this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread? Check out some of these:
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Bang Bang Chicken Pasta
- Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta
- Syn Free Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- Sausage, Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Tomato and Orzo Soup
- Cherry Tomato and Basil Pasta
- Syn Free Tomato and Garlic Pasta
- Syn Free Cream of Tomato Soup
and if you need more recipe ideas – Head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes to choose from and all are searchable by syn value, meal type, ingredients etc.
WANT TO MAKE UP SOME SYN FREE PULL-APART CHEESY GARLIC BREAD TO FREEZE?
Double or triple the mix for this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread to make an extra one or two to freeze. Bake the bread, add the cheese mix into the slits and then wrap and freeze so that you have garlic bread on hand, to just add to the oven as you want it.
I must add that this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread is mouthwatering and totally addictive, so if you are just making this for 1 person. I recommend making 3 mini loaves with the mix. Bake as normal, will possibly need a little less time and then once you put the mixture into the slits. Wrap the other two and freeze, that way you will have them on hand next time you crave garlic bread.
It’s hard to resist it’s that good – tastes absolutely amazing, all that cheesy garlic deliciousness and will become a regular once you try this. My kids absolutely loved it with their spaghetti and meatballs.
HOW CAN I ADD A 1/3 SPEED FOODS TO THIS SYN FREE PULL-APART CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
That’s really easy, choose a main meal to serve alongside this Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread that includes plenty of speed foods. Pasta is the perfect main dish and I’ve linked to some really delicious ones above, those would be perfect also paired up with a big bowl of mixed salad. Serve it all in the middle of the table for the family to help themselves.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS SYN FREE PULL-APART CHEESY GARLIC BREAD?
- Mini Blender or Food Processor
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Bread Knife
- Chopping Board
- Oval Baking Dish – approx 20×13 cm
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
The Best Ever Syn Free Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread | Slimming World
Yield 3 Servings
This recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- Original - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- WW Smart Points - 9 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free oats/baking powder
- 120g/3oz of Porridge Oats - (3 x HEb's)
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 120g of Fat-Free Plain Greek Yoghurt
- Spray oil
- 50g mozzarella, grated - (1 HEa), grated
- 60g of strong white cheddar, grated - (2XHEa's)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- fresh finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Blend the oats in a blender or food processor until a fine powder.
- Add to a bowl with the baking powder, a pinch of salt, Greek yoghurt and eggs.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour in the mixture and place in the oven, bake for 40 mins, skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Increase oven temp to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cheddar, mozzarella, garlic cloves, fresh parsley to a bowl, and crumble all together with clean hands.
- Once bread is cool, using a sharp knife, cut slits diagonally (making sure not to go all the way through the bread), carefully pull slits open, season with a little salt and spray with a little spray oil.
- Stuff with the cheese garlic mixture.
- Place back in the dish and bake for approx 10-12 minutes, cheese should be melted and lightly golden.
- Serve warm, dig in, pull-apart and enjoy!!
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
1.5 tsps of baking powder is less than 0.5 syns- so for that reason the amount of baking powder in a serving used is negligible.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving (1/3 of the bread)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.