I love minestrone soup and this recipe is a family favorite, packed with lots of speed foods and syn free.
I love it chunky style and it feels more like a complete meal.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World(SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – syn free per serving
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, halved and chopped
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small courgette (zucchini), chopped
- 8 cups (2 litres) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 800ml of canned plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (240ml) of ditali pasta (or use a gluten free alternative)
- 2 tsp of Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- spray oil
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Optional: parmesan cheese
- Spray a large sauce pan with some spray oil
- Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic and fry for about 5 mins until softened.
- Add the courgette, tomatoes (break them up with a wooden spoon), tomatoes paste, vegetable stock, Italian herbs, and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 45 mins
- Add in the potatoes and pasta and simmer until cooked.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Top with some freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Serve and Enjoy!!
- (If you like a smooth soup, you can blend it all, before adding in the potatoes and pasta, I prefer to leave it chunky)
- Optional: if you have a HEa spare, this is delicious topped with some grated parmesan cheese
- NOTE: When heating up the next day, you may need to add more stock, as it will thicken from the starch from the potatoes/pasta
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.