I love farro, it has such a lovely texture and is great in risotto type dishes. This spicy farro risotto is great served on it’s own as a main meal or as a side to another dish.
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Green- 1 syn per serving
- 2 cups of farro (uncooked)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsps of cumin
- 2 tsps of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- ⅓ cup of sweetcorn
- 40g of sultanas (6 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Place the farro in a large bowl and cover fully with water, allow to soak for about 40 mins
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray and saute the onion, garlic and carrot till onion is translucent.
- Place stock in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer, leave it on a low heat.
- Drain and rinse farro and add to the frying pan, along with spices and stir to evenly coat.
- Slowly start adding the stock about a ½ a cup at a time, stirring constantly until stock is absorbed before repeating process till stock is all added.
- For the last ½ cups of stock, add in the sultanas and sweetcorn.
- This is great served on it's own or as a side to a main meal.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.