This is my version of the ever so popular Pulled Pork sandwich. I love it topped with the onions and peppers. The sandwich is great just as it is, or served with syn free fries and a salad or some coleslaw.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
Original/SP – 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving (serve as is, or with a salad)
- For the barbecue sauce:
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (4 syns)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon of celery seed
- 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke (optional) or use some smoked paprika for the smoky taste, add a little and taste to preference
- Olive oil spray
- For the pulled pork:
- 1kg (2.25lbs) of pork tenderloin or pork shoulder (fat removed)
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 x 60g (4x2oz) whole wheat rolls (4 x HEb’s)
- Barbecue Sauce, from above
- Salt and Pepper
- Spray a small saucepan with olive oil spray and add the onion and garlic and cook until golden.
- Add all other ingredients for the barbecue sauce and bring to the boil, simmer for approx 15 mins, until it reduces down slightly and then blend with a hand blender or food processor.
- Add the pork and pour over the sauce and cook on the high (6 hour) setting or you can cook on the low setting for longer.
- When the pork is almost cooked, spray a frying pan with some spray oil, add the onions and peppers and fry till lightly caramelized.
- When the pork is ready, using two forks, pull the pork into shreds and mix around into the barbecue sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed
- Serve the pulled pork topped with some of the onions and peppers in the whole wheat rolls or on its own with salad, slaw and syn free chips
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.