Delicious Low Syn Fruit Pizza – perfect for any pizza lover when you fancy dessert instead.
One of the very early recipes I came up with back in 2009 when I first started Slimming Eats, was these amazing American Style Pancakes. Which are enjoyed regularly for either breakfast or dessert, they really are lovely and fluffy just how you expect a pancakes to be, topped with fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup and it’s pure perfect.
Since the creation of that recipe, many other pancakes recipes have followed, such as:
- Best Ever Low Syn Chocolate Pancakes
- Low Syn Crepe Style Pancakes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Mini Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Today however I had not used my healthy extra b choice for breakfast and was going to make something using the oats to enjoy for snacks, when I had the idea to make one big pancake using the mix, so it was kind of like a thin cake and then of course it gave my the idea of PIZZA – and as this was a sweet recipes, it had to be a Fruit Pizza.
You can literally decorate this with any fruit you like, I went for blueberries, kiwi, strawberries and raspberries – the latter of course being speed fruits, you could easily stick to all speed fruits if you want, I just used what I had.
For underneath the fruit, I decided on a kind of cheesecake topping using some vanilla Greek yoghurt and cream cheese, which tastes really yummy. I often make up a mix like that as a dip for my fruit for snacks. Great for movie nights.
You can actually vary this up too, if you are willing to spend some more syns, you could spread the base with some chocolate spread or peanut butter and then add fruit or skip the fruit altogether and choose some different toppings like sprinkles, chocolate chips, crumbled cookies or even drizzle melted chocolate.
So many different variations you could do with this fruit pizza. Tag me on Instagram @slimmingeats with your creations. As I’d love to see them.
For making the base I recommend a good quality non stick pan, as otherwise this base is going to result in disaster. I like to use a non stick crepe pan like this Tefal Non Stick Crepe Pan:
The key to cooking the pancakes, is patience and a low heat, don’t turn the heat up too high to try and get it to cook quickly, as it is will just result in a mess and a burnt pancake. The low heat will result in a lovely lightly golden colour and a fluffy pancakes. As you start to see bubbles appears on the surface, you can carefully slide a spatula underneath to flip over, if the spatuala doesn’t slide under easily, then you know it is not quite ready, so leave it just for a little bit longer.
Once cooked you then have an amazing Pancake for your Fruit Pizza and you can get to work adding your toppings of choice.
The great thing about this is you can slice it just as you would a normal pizza and space it out to enjoy through out the day for snacks. As it’s pretty filling to enjoy all in one sitting.
- 2 eggs
- 40g of oatmeal/oats (HEb) - (can use gluten free)
- ¼ cup (60ml ) of fat free Greek yoghurt (or use a dairy free alternative)
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- ¾ tbs of sukin:1 or other sweetener of choice
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- spray oil
- for the topping:
- 4 tbs of vanilla greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs of low fat cream cheese - 1 syn
- 1/2 tsp of lemon extract
- fruit of choice - I used 1 strawberry, 1/2 kiwi, 19 blueberries and 11 raspberries
- 1/2 tbs of maple syrup - 1.5 syns
- Place the oats in a blender and blitz till fine.
- Add to a bowl and stir in the baking powder and sukrin.
- Whisk together the eggs, yoghurt and almond extract
- Stir into the oat mixture until combined.
- Place non stick pan over a low heat, spray with spray oil.
- Pour on all the pancake mixture and swirl so it covers the entire pan.
- Allow to cook slowly over a low heat, as you see lots of bubbles appear on the surface you can carefully slide under a spatula and flip over, if spatula doesn't easily slide under, it is not quite ready, so leave for a little while long.
- Once flipped to cook other side, you can mix the topping.
- In a bowl whisk together the yoghurt, cream cheese and lemon extract.
- Once pancake is done, carefully transfer to a plate.
- Spread over the top with the yoghurt/cream cheese topping.
- Arrange fruit over the top.
- Then brush over the top with the maple syrup.
- Slice and enjoy!!!
The baking powder is pretty negligible in syns so I don't bother to syn it.
Variations - for some additional syns you can try different toppings like chocolate spread, or peanut butter, different fruits or drizzle melted chocolate, scatter with crumbled cookies, nuts or even sprinkles - just remember to syn accordingly. Tag my on Instagram @slimmingeats with your creations.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per ServingCalories 499 Total Fat 14.1g Saturated Fat 4.2g Cholesterol 382mg Sodium 661mg Carbohydrates 63.3g Fiber 11.4g Sugar 27.1g Protein 30.8g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.