This is my variation on a yummy recipe I found in this Homestyle Pasta Cookbook. I reduced some of the not so friendly Slimming World foods and added a bit more seasoning and veggies to make it full of healthy speed foods. It is a bit fiddly to make, but so worth it, as it tastes amazing.
Delicious Ground Pork in a Tomato Veggie Sauce, mixed with some cooked macaroni and encased in a cheesy eggplant (aubergine) crust.
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 1 HEa per serving (substitute ground pork for a vegetarian alternative)
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
- 200g of macaroni pasta (can use gluten free)
- 250g of Extra Lean Pork Mince
- 2 large eggplants (aubergine), sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini (courgette), chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 300ml (1.25 cups) of passata
- 240ml (1 cup) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- ½ cup (120ml) of frozen peas
- 60g of Parmesan Cheese (2 HEa’s)
- 60g of Cheddar Cheese (2 HEa’s)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- spray oil
- Grease a deep round spring form pan with spray oil
- Cook the pasta for a few minutes in a saucepan of boiling water, until al dente, drain and rinse with cold water, to prevent from cooking any further and set aside.
- Place eggplant slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 mins. Rinse well and then pat dry. Spray a large frying pan or grill pan over a medium high heat with spray oil and cook the eggplant in batches, so that each side is golden. Set aside as you do each slice.
- Using the same frying pan, spray with some more spray oil and add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the pork mince, carrot, courgette, spices and herbs and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the passata, tomato paste and stock and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for approx 30 mins until sauce reduces down and thickens.
- Combine the meat mixture, with the already prepared macaroni pasta, cheddar cheese, ½ of the parmesan, peas and beaten eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 180c or 350f.
- Layer the bottom of the springform pan with some of the eggplant, then start overlapping with the remaining slices so that they go all around the pan.
- Add the meat and pasta mixture to the eggplant case
- and then fold the loose pieces of eggplant over the top. Layering on top with any remaining pieces.
- Sprinkle over the top with the remaining parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for approx 30-40 mins, or until golden on top. Leave to cool slightly and then loosen the spring form pan and ease out onto a plate.
- Slice and served with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.