Syn Free Leftover Chicken Brussels Sprouts and Bean Soup - An easy healthy and satisfying meal in a bowl.
When I was adding some leftover ingredients to my dutch oven pot this week to make a delicious filling soup, I really wasn't thinking about how this would be a great for those leftovers after Christmas day.
After Christmas all that leftover turkey (instead of the chicken) and Brussel Sprouts, will be perfect for this soup, to ensure you don't waste any of those leftovers.
Combining leftovers into different meals means you won't get bored of eating the same thing too.
Brussel sprouts used to be something I hated as a child, and I don't think I am alone in feeling that way.
Many hate them, mostly because of they only way they were ever served, was over boiled until they take on a horrible bitterness that isn't pleasant.
Roasted, sauteed or even raw in a salad whoever, you can give them to me any day. I am glad to say now they are a frequent ingredient in my shopping cart when in season and are one of my favourite speed foods.
Just take a look at this Brussel Sprout Gratin, for example, that's enough to convert anyone back to Brussel Sprouts, right? If you have any either eaten them over boiled, try these Shredded Sauteed Garlic Brussel Sprouts, which are yummy.
Want some other delicious and healthy soup recipes like this Syn Free Leftover Chicken Brussels Sprouts and Bean Soup to try? Check out these:
- Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Sweetcorn and Leek Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Syn Free Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Cream of Tomato Soup
- Syn Free Beef Vegetable Barley Soup
- Creamy Tomato and Orzo Soup
- Syn Free Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Chicken, Bean and Rice Soup
- Syn Free Bacon and Lentil Soup
- Syn Free Tomato and Chickpea Soup
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850 delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc.
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join us.
Why not make up a big pot of this Leftover Chicken Brussels Sprouts and Bean Soup after Christmas, you could even freeze some of it for the New Year - yummy!!
How about the ⅓ speed foods in this Syn Free Leftover Chicken Brussels Sprouts and Bean Soup?
You don't need to worry about the speed foods in this recipe, it's packed to the brim with lots of healthy vegetables - such as brussels sprouts, onion, tomato and butternut squash. So dig in and enjoy a bowl without any guilt what so ever.
What kitchen items do I need to make this Syn Free Leftover Chicken Brussels Sprouts and Bean Soup?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Dutch oven or large saucepan
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 300g (10.5oz) of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 200g (7oz) of butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 can (400g/14oz) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (400g/14oz) of white beans (cannelini or similar)
- 4 cups (960ml) of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 300g (10.5oz) of leftover cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- Spray a large pot over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the shredded Brussels and garlic and fry for a couple of mins.
- Add in the paprika, oregano, chopped tomatoes, butternut squash, beans (drained), tomato paste and stock.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chicken or turkey and stir until all heated through.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - Syn Free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 0 per serving (use cooked turkey or chicken breast)
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 2.8gSaturated Fat 0.7gCholesterol 46mgSodium 693mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 17.9gSugar 10.2gProtein 29.8g