Add a spicy kick to your main course, with this delicious and healthier oven-baked Spicy Potato Wedges - yum!!
By now you must of all seen my how to create Perfect Chips, if not, then you really should go check that out. It's the perfect method for crispy chips.
But potato wedges are slightly different, where I always use a floury type of potato for my perfect chips, for these Spicy Potato Wedges, I prefer to use Yukon Golds, which are delicious buttery waxy type potatoes.
You also don't need to parboil the potatoes when making potato wedges, but the soaking is key, don't skip that part, as it really helps to create perfect Spicy Potato Wedges.
These are pretty similar to my Garlic and Herb Potato Wedges - check those out, if you don't like spicy because those are equally yummy.
For the Spicy Potato Wedges, we use a unique blend of spices, just the right amounts, so that it almost coats them like a batter - yum.
The spices I use are sweet paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. The amount of cayenne you use totally depends on what level of spiciness you like. I use a ¼ of a tsp, as it's the right level of spicy for my kids, but if you were making just for adults and can handle that kick, up the cayenne to maybe ½ a tsp.
I enjoy making a quick garlic mayo to go with these, which is made from light mayo, plain yoghurt, garlic powder and fresh parsley. A delicious combination for dunking those spicy potato wedges into.
How about one of these delicious recipes to serve these Spicy Wedges with:
- Sloppy Joes
- Diet Coke Chicken
- Honey and Garlic Chicken
- Maple Glazed Chicken
- Baked Chicken Fingers
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Honey and Mustard Chicken
- Chilli Con Carne
- Honey Mustard Glazed Pork Loins
- Meatballs in Tomato-Maple Sauce
- Kickin Barbecue Chicken
- Stove Top Pulled Pork
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO THESE SPICY POTATO WEDGES?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Parchment paper
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 800g of yukon gold potatoes (or similar potato), sliced into wedges (skin on)
- spray oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- ½ tbs of sweet paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper (can use slightly more if you like really spicy)
- salt and black pepper
- Add potatoes to a large bowl, cover with cold water and leave for approx 1 hour
- Drain, rinse thoroughly and pat completely dry with kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven to 220c/430f
- Place wedges in a large bowl, spray to coat with spray oil
- Add the spices
- Toss to coat.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread the wedges out on the tray well spaced apart.
- Bake for 20 mins, take out, turn and then spray with a little more spray oil and bake for another 20 mins (40 mins total) until lovely and golden in colour.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with your choice of main, or enjoy these just as they are with a salad.
Optional Garlic and Herb Mayo:
- Mix 4 tbs of plain fat-free yoghurt with 2 tbs of light mayo, ½ tsp of garlic powder and some fresh chopped Italian parsley. Makes a delicious dip for the wedges.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 0.4gSaturated Fat 0.1gSodium 615mgCarbohydrates 33.5gFiber 5.5gSugar 1.9gProtein 3.9g