Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl - a filling healthy breakfast combining a delicious fruit smoothie, fresh fruit, almonds and oatmeal.
Did you know that you can enjoy a smoothie completely on plan using a few syns? Most of us don't go near them on Slimming World because we know that when fruit is blended or pureed etc it no longer is syn free, but that doesn't mean you can't have a smoothie, it just means you have to be cautious you are not drinking smoothies excessively and counting them as free as it can add a lot of extra calories to your day in a none bulky way.
With this Low Syn Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl, it combines a few other yummy ingredients to make it a more filling meal and best of all is it's super tasty too.
A delicious smoothie made from fresh fruit and dairy-free milk, combined with porridge (oatmeal) and sliced almonds using healthy extra b choices for a perfect combination for breakfast that will keep you satisfied for hours.
Want some other oat recipes? Check out these:
- LEMON BLUEBERRY OAT PANCAKES
- MINI BANANA RAISIN LOAF
- CINNAMON OAT RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- HEALTHY APPLE SULTANA OAT BITES
- RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE BAKED OATMEAL
- HEALTHY BANANA GRANOLA
- PUMPKIN OATMEAL
- PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY OVERNIGHT OATS
- PUMPKIN WAFFLES
- AMERICAN STYLE PANCAKES
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl?
Choose delicious speed fruits to go in your bowl - things like fresh berries are a great choice.
Some of my favourites are:
All pair perfectly with the rest of the ingredients in this oatmeal smoothie bowl
Kitchen Items I used for this Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl:
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Jug or cups
- Santoku Knife
- Small saucepan
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 1 medium banana
- 125g (4.5oz) of mixed berries (frozen)
- 200ml (0.8 cups) of cashew milk (or can use almond)
- pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 40g (1.3oz) of oats - 1 HEb
- 25g (1oz) of flaked (sliced) almonds - 1 HEb
- Fresh fruit of choice (I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- optional: sweetener to sweeten
- Add the frozen berries, banana, cashew milk, cinnamon and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and sweeten if desired.
- Add the oats to a saucepan with 240ml of water and a pinch of salt. Stir until creamy. Sweeten if desired with sweetener of choice.
- Divide the cooked oats between two bowls adding the oatmeal to one side of the bowl. Then add half the smoothie to each bowl.
- Top part of the oatmeal with sliced almonds and top the smoothie with mixed fresh berries.
- Dig in and enjoy!!!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1 HEb and 5 syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 9 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free oats
NOTE: If you prefer you can use milk from your HEa allowance to make the oatmeal creamy.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 9.5gSaturated Fat 0.8gSodium 78mgCarbohydrates 50.2gFiber 9.7gSugar 20.3gProtein 7.5g