A delicious healthy Banana Granola that is great for breakfast or dessert.
My leftover pumpkin has all been used up now, so I wanted to make another granola that I could enjoy in the mornings and so this time it was using an ripe banana sitting in my fruit bowl.
Oh my this Banana Granola is seriously good. You can eat it just as it is, as a snack, drizzled with cold milk and some fruit or sprinkled into yoghurt. You will love it and want to make it again and again.
Of course this Healthy Banana Granola also gluten free (if you use gluten free oats), dairy free and lower in sugar compared to store brand granolas. Using your HEb too, the syns are pretty low.
I made a 3 person serving of this Healthy Banana Granola, but it went so quick as my kids loved it too, that the next batch will be doubled in ingredients.
You could even make this amazing Banana Granola Yoghurt Parfait with one of the servings.
- 120g/4oz of oatmeal (can use gluten free oats) - 3xHEb
- 100g of ripe banana - 4.5 syns
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of maple syrup - 4 syns
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the oats to a bowl, with the banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Mix together thoroughly, so the banana is mashed into the oats.
- Spread out in a thin layer on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins
- Remove stir and break up large pieces, spray over the top again with spray oil and bake for another 15 mins
- The granola should be nice and golden and crisp, if it isn't ready, place bake in the oven and check every 5 mins until cooked.
- Store in a lidded jar.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 3 syns per serving
- Green - 1 HEb and 3 syns per servng
- Original - 1 HEb and 3 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 6
- Gluten Free - use gluten-free oats
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 3.5gSaturated Fat 0.6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1.7mgCarbohydrates 40.7gFiber 4.5gSugar 12.7gProtein 4.8g