Simple ingredients combine for these delicious Lime and Chilli Sweetcorn Fritters, that are perfect for the whole family
You know how it is, you need something for lunch, but haven't got anything planned. That's where these lime and chilli sweet corn fritters work perfectly. Most of the ingredients are store cupboard ingredients we generally have on hand the majority of the time, even when food is low before a grocery shop, which was the case when I made these.
These are perfect as a side to some soup or with a mixed green salad and a yoghurt drizzle (mix some lemon juice with fresh mint and lemon juice) for a delicious light lunch. I've even made these to take in a packed lunch for a day trip out, as they are yummy served hot or cold.
The mix makes 8 lime and chilli sweetcorn fritters, so 4 fritters per person, if you want this recipe to serve more, I recommend doubling up or even tripling the recipe.
To blend part of the mixture I use the smaller cup of my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ - but any blender (including a stick blender, if you add the mixture to a jug or similar) should work fine.
Don't worry about the mixture looking wet when you spoon it on the to tray, they cook perfectly. Just make sure you line your tray with some parchment, so they are easy to flip over half way through cooking time.
Looking for a delicious soup recipe to serve these Lime and Sweetcorn Fritters with? Check out these Soup Recipes
These Lime and Chilli Sweetcorn Fritters are gluten and dairy free (omit the yoghurt drizzle) and also vegetarian friendly.
- 1 egg
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained and patted dry
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- handful of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of juice from a fresh lime
- 2 tbs of cornstarch (or tapicoa or arrowroot flour (3 syns)
- Spray Oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the sweetcorn, chilli powder and salt and black pepper to a bowl
- Mix to combine
- Whisk the egg with the cornstarch and stir this into the sweetcorn
- Blend ¼ of the mixture until smooth.
- Add back the bowl along with the chopped cilantro and spring onion
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Lightly spray over the top of it with spray oil
- Spoon the mixture onto the tray, into 8 equal sized fritters
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Bake for 15 mins then carefully flip and bake for another 15 mins until golden all over.
- Serve with salad and yoghurt mixed with lime juice and salt and black pepper or your choice of sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 3.8gSaturated Fat 0.9gCholesterol 93mgSodium 638mgCarbohydrates 44.4gSugar 11.5gProtein 8.1g