Simple Delicious Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake - succulent salmon fillets with the flavours of garlic, herbs and butter, served with tender carrots and zucchini.
Gotta love a traybake? I've been making them pretty much twice a week at the moment, as they are just so simple and you can literally combine anything onto a tray and viola a little while later, a meal is ready and on the table.
In the summer months, when it's hot and you don't fancy slaving at the stove for hours, traybakes are perfect.
Some of my favourites are:
- Low Syn Chicken, Potato, Vegetable Tray Bake
- Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Syn Free Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice Traybake
- Syn Free Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake
- Garlic and Lemon Chicken
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 800 delicious Slimming World Recipes, fully searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc.
When making a traybake dish like this Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake, it's important to combine ingredients that will cook at a similar time, or ensure you add the item that takes the longest first and then add the other ingredients after a little while of cooking time.
Fish like salmon and Chicken thighs are perfect for traybakes as they stay nice and tender and really take on any flavour that you add to them.
Pick seasoning or spices that will compliment the protein and vegetable you are using.
Lemon, garlic, herbs and butter, just goes amazingly well with salmon, it's probably one of my favourite ways to add some flavour to salmon fillets. I mean what's not to like about garlic and butter? It's a match made it heaven.
I choose to use regular butter over low-fat margarine or spread for this Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake, as there is nothing like the real deal and 1 tbs is enough for a serving for two, making this recipe only 2.5 syns per serving. Why use anything else?
If you need some more inspiration for salmon, check out these other salmon recipes:
- Honey Teriyaki Salmon with Noodles
- Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Salmon and Tomatoes with Rice Pilaf
- Salmon, Brussels and Squash Patties
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS LEMON AND HERB BUTTER SALMON TRAYBAKE?
I added zucchini and carrot sticks to the tray for this delicious traybake, both speed foods that go really well with the flavours of this dish, but you could use any speed vegetables of your choice. Butternut squash, asparagus and Brussel sprouts would also go really well. You could even add a few baby potatoes to the tray (I recommend parboiling first).
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS LEMON AND HERB BUTTER SALMON TRAYBAKE YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Lemon and Herb Butter Salmon Traybake | Slimming World
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 2.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 3 per serving
- 2 Salmon Fillets (approx 150g/5.5oz per fillet)
- 3 Zucchini, sliced into batons
- 3 carrots, sliced into batons
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs of butter, softened (5 syns)
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped finely
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the softened butter to a small bowl, along with the garlic, lemon zest and chopped parsley and mix to combine.
- Place the salmon fillets on one half of a large non stick baking sheet. Squeeze over each salmon fillet a little fresh lemon juice.
- Spoon the butter paste onto the salmon fillets and then decorate each salmon fillet with a couple of lemon slices.
- Arrange the carrot and zucchini batons on the other half of the tray and spray over the top with some cooking oil spray.
- Season both the vegetables and salmon with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for approx 15-20 mins. Salmon should be moist and succelent.
- Serve as is or with additional choice of sides.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving (1 fillet with veg)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.1 g
Saturated Fat 4.3 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 429 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.2 g
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 25.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.