Indulge over Christmas with these amazing low syn Mince Pie Pancakes - all the delicious taste of a mince pie without the guilt.
It's probably well known to many of you already that I have a bit of a weakness for mince pies. So I am always trying to incorporate way I can fill those cravings without busting my daily syn allowance.
So far I've given you these yummy Christmas Mince Pie Recipes:
If you have tried either of those yet, make sure you add them to your - to make list.
and then with my Amazing Syn Free American Style Pancakes - I thought why not make a Christmas Mince Pie Pancakes Stack and boy are these good.
I know what I am going to be making Christmas morning - Mince Pie Pancakes of course.
For the topping, I went for some low syn vanilla yoghurt (remember most flavoured yoghurts have a small syn value nowadays), some fresh diced crisp sweet apple, because Apple is just perfect along with a mince pie.
Lastly, a little teeny drizzle of maple syrup, because well you know me, I can't have any kind of pancakes without maple syrup. I do live in Canada you know.
Of course, the Mince Pie pancakes are the star of this recipe, so you really can drizzle or top them with whatever you want.
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make these Christmas Mince Pie Pancakes?
- Mini Blender or Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Shallow Frying Pan (I like to use a crepe pan, makes things like this easier to flip)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 40g of oatmeal/oats (HEb)
- ¼ cup (4 tbs ) of fat-free Greek yoghurt
- teeny each pinch of nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- cooking oil spray (I like to use coconut for these)
- 30g of mincemeat
for the topping
- ½ small crisp apple, diced
- ½ tbs of maple syrup
- 4 tbs fat-free plain yoghurt (or can use a low syn flavoured yoghurt if you prefer)
- Add the oats to a blender and grind into a fine powder.
- Place in a bowl with the eggs, yoghurt, spices, vanilla extract and baking powder and mix to combine, Allow to sit for about 10 mins, just for the oats to soak in some of the liquid.
- Carefully fold in the mincemeat, just till you have flecks of it through the batter.
- Spray a non stick crepe pan placed over a low heat (make sure you don’t have the heat too high) with some cooking oil spray and cook the pancakes until you start to see little bubble appears on the surface (I use 2.5 tbs of batter per pancakes, which gave me 8 pancakes) and then carefully flip over. A spatula should slide under easily, if it doesn't they are not quite done.
- I cook two pancakes at a time, so that there is enough room on the pan to easily flip over.
- Repeat with the mixture
- Mix the diced apple with the maple syrup.
- Plate up the pancakes, spoon on to some the yoghurt and then the diced apple. (of you can use your own choice of toppings)
- Enjoy!!! – these are delicious!!
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 4.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 10 per serving
Gluten Free - use gluten free oats
*suitable for freezing (pancakes only)
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 (6 pancakes)
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 12.6gSaturated Fat 3.9gCholesterol 372mgSodium 197mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 4gSugar 31.8gProtein 28.8g