Just in time for the Christmas season - delicious Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love mince pies, they are one of my favorite christmas foods, but most are pretty high in calories - a good quality teeny mince pie can be around 240 calories, that a whole lot of calories right there.
So I was determined to come up with a dessert that would be low in calories that would be perfect for the Christmas season and this will definitely not disappoint.
Infact I am really considering making up a dish of this for breakfast Christmas morning, served with some honey Greek Yoghurt - yum!!
This Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding uses simple ingredients - just bread, eggs, sweetener, mincemeat and icing sugar.
Pick a good quality mincemeat if you can, as the taste is so much better, most vary in calories because ingredients differ so much, so be sure to check the calories of the one you use.
For the sweetener for this Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding I use Sukrin Gold which is a great natural tasting sweetener that is nice and golden just like you expect brown sugar to be. I have tried many different types of sweetener in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some honey or maple syrup, but it’s nice to know I can now use this and reduce the calories even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Click here if you live in the UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
Make up a dish of this Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding and take it to your Slimming Eats group taster night, or make it for dessert for yourself or maybe even for breakfast Christmas morning. It's a pretty decent sized serving too, so you can have a big serving all at once or split it up and enjoy a slice twice throughout the day - yum!!
- 120g/2oz of whole wheat bread - 4 slices
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons of brown granulated sweetener
- 4 tablespoons of mincemeat
- low calorie spray
- 5g of icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c, 350f (gas mark 4)
- Whisk the eggs and brown granulated sweetener together in a bowl
- Slice each slice of bread into 4 slices (so you should have 16 mini triangles)
- Add the bread to the egg mix and mix to coat every slice
- Spray an oven proof dish with spray oil
- Layer the soaked bread triangle in the oven proof dish, so each little triangle slightly overlaps the other.
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven for 10 mins
- Remove and then scatter with little dots of mince mince.
- Place back in the oven for approx 20-30 mins until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly and then dust with the icing sugar.
- Slice and serve.
- I like to serve with vanilla yoghurt - yum!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 372mgSodium 271mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 16g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.