Just in time for the Christmas season - delicious Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love mince pies, they are one of my favorite christmas foods, but most are pretty high in syns - a good quality teeny mince pie can be around 240 calories, that a whole lot of syns right there.
So I was determined to come up with a dessert that would be low in syns that would be perfect for the Christmas season and this will definitely not disappoint.
Infact I am really considering making up a dish of this for breakfast Christmas morning, served with some honey Greek Yoghurt - yum!!
This Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding uses simple ingredients - just bread, eggs, sweetener, mincemeat and icing sugar.
Pick a good quality mincemeat if you can, as the taste is so much better, most vary in syns because ingredients differ so much, so be sure to check the syns of the one you use.
For the sweetener for this Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding I use Sukrin Gold which is a great natural tasting sweetener that is nice and golden just like you expect brown sugar to be. I have tried many different types of sweetener in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some syns on honey or maple syrup, but it’s nice to know I can now use this and reduce the syns even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Click here if you live in the UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
Make up a dish of this Christmas Mince Pie Bread Pudding and take it to your Slimming World group taster night, or make it for dessert for yourself or maybe even for breakfast Christmas morning. It's a pretty decent sized serving too, so you can have a big serving all at once or split it up and enjoy a slice twice throughout the day - yum!!
Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 5.5 syns
Green - 1 HEb and 5.5 syns
Original/SP - 1 HEb and 5.5 syns
WW Smart Points - 12
- 120g/2oz of whole wheat bread - 2 HEb's (the bread I used was 4 slices)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3 tbs of sukrin gold - 1.5 syn (or use another sweetener of your choice
- ¼ cup/60ml of mincemeat - 8.5
- spray oil
- 5g of icing sugar for dusting - 1 syn
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Whisk the eggs and sukrin gold together in a bowl
- Slice each slice of bread into 4 slices (so you should have 16 mini triangles)
- Add the bread to the egg
mixand mix to coat every slice
- Spray an oven proof dish with spray oil
- Layer the soaked bread triangle in the
oven proofdish, so each little triangle slightly overlaps the other.
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven for 10 mins
- Remove and then scatter with little dots of
- Place back in the oven for approx 20-30 mins until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly and then dust with the icing sugar.
- Slice and serve.
- I like to serve with vanilla yoghurt - yum!
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full