Delicious Simple Crispy Cheesy Toast with a mixed salad - a perfect simple lunch.
Who doesn't love cheese on toast? It's such a simple meal to make but always thoroughly enjoyed.
Sometimes however that cheese just doesn't seem to go very far on the bread, especially if you want to use a good quality cheddar.
A neat little trick I do is to add the grated cheese to a bowl and then whisk in an egg with a little black pepper. Think of that extra protein which is going to keep you fuller for longer.
You also can't beat a little drizzle of Worcestershire sauce over the top just before you place until the grill to melt. Yummy!!
One thing I hate though is soggy toast, I love my toast nice and crispy and a great way to do that, is to oven bake it with a little mist of cooking oil spray over the top and that toast has an amazing crunch to it.
HOW CAN I ADD A VEGETABLES TO THIS CHEESY TOAST?
I served mine with a mixed salad of baby greens and sliced crisp apple with a CALORIE dressing. Perfect and light for lunch. You could also add some veg to the cheese toast, like thin tomato slices, sauteed mushrooms or slices of onion.
TO MAKE THIS CHEESE TOAST YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Kitchen Scales
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 60g/2oz - 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread
- 30g 0f good quality cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- cooking oil spray
- splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add bread to a baking tray lined with foil, lightly mist over the top with cooking oil spray, and add a little sprinkle of salt.
- Place in the oven and bake until the bread is lightly golden and crisp.
- Add to a bowl the cheddar and egg and whisk to combine.
- Spoon this onto the crispy toast.
- Add a little splash of Worcestershire sauce to the top of each slice topped with the cheese.
- Place under a grill on a medium heat, until the cheese mixture is melted and set.
- Serve and enjoy
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 297Total Fat 16.2gSaturated Fat 7.9gCholesterol 217mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 20.9gFiber 3gSugar 2.2gProtein 17.9g