Delicious Simple Syn Free Crispy Cheesy Toast with a mixed salad - a perfect simple lunch.
Who doesn't love cheese on toast? It's such a simple meal to make but always thoroughly enjoyed.
Sometimes however that cheese just doesn't seem to go very far on the bread, especially if you want to use a good quality cheddar.
A neat little trick I do is to add the grated cheese to a bowl and then whisk in an egg with a little black pepper. Think of that extra protein which is going to keep you fuller for longer.
You also can't beat a little drizzle of Worcestershire sauce over the top just before you place until the grill to melt. Yummy!!
One thing I hate though is soggy toast, I love my toast nice and crispy and a great way to do that, is to oven bake it with a little mist of cooking oil spray over the top. It means you don't need to use syns to add butter and that toast has an amazing crunch to it.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS SYN FREE CHEESY TOAST?
I served mine with a mixed salad of baby greens and sliced crisp apple with a low synned dressing. Perfect and light for lunch. You could also add some veg to the cheese toast, like thin tomato slices, sauteed mushrooms or slices of onion.
TO MAKE THIS SYN FREE CHEESE TOAST YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Kitchen Scales
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Syn Free Cheesy Toast | Slimming World
Yield 1 serving
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 7
- 60g/2oz - 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread
- 30g 0f good quality cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- cooking oil spray
- splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add bread to a baking tray lined with foil, lightly mist over the top with cooking oil spray, and add a little sprinkle of salt.
- Place in the oven and bake until the bread is lightly golden and crisp.
- Add to a bowl the cheddar and egg and whisk to combine.
- Spoon this onto the crispy toast.
- Add a little splash of Worcestershire sauce to the top of each slice topped with the cheese.
- Place under a grill on a medium heat, until the cheese mixture is melted and set.
- Serve and enjoy
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.2 g
Saturated Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 217 mg
Sodium 519 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 17.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.