We all love a baked potato, right? But twice baked potatoes are a whole other level.
Now you may be asking, what is a twice baked potato? Well it's exactly what it states really.
You bake the potato as normal. Then when cooked, you cut in half, scoop out the potato flesh, mash it or mix it with desired ingredients.
Here I use bacon and sour cream. Add it back to the potato, top with some cheese and place it bake in the oven till the cheese is melted and viola - a twice baked potato. Yes it really is that easy.
Sour cream and potato is a perfect match, but I understand sometimes you just do not want to use any syns. If that is the case you can mix some fat free plain yogurt with lemon juice, but if you want my honest opinion, although still nice, it isn't and doesn't really taste like sour cream.
I like to serve this up with a nice mixed salad, but they are great as a side to a main meal too. Especially a nice grilled steak or chicken breast.
Or if you are looking for some other ideas to serve with, how about some of these delicious main dishes:
- Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Garlic and Lemon Chicken
- Stove Top BBQ Pork
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
- Chicken and Asparagus Bake
or check out all my other main meals
Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1.5 syns
Original - 1 HEa and 1.5 syns
WW Smart Points - 11
- 2x250g/9oz potatoes
- olive oil spray
- Sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 4 slice of cooked lean bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of fat free sour cream (3 syns)
- 60g of cheddar cheese (2xHEa's)
- fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 220c or 425f (gas mark 7)
- Spray the skin of the potatoes with olive spray, and rub into the skin some sea salt, wrap with bake in the oven for approx 45mins-1 hour (potatoes shop be fork soft on the inside)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut in half and then scoop out some of the flesh into a bowl, add the sour cream, bacon some chopped chives and a little salt and black pepper and mix all together.
- Spoon back into the potato skins and top with the cheddar.
- Place back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden (approx 15 mins)
- Serve as a side dish or as a meal with a mixed salad.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.