Oven Baked Spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac - a great way to add some speed vegetable to your plate.
Do you struggle with speed foods? If you are not a huge vegetable lover, it is so easy to turn vegetables into a a more enjoyable dish. They don't have to be bland or boring, speed foods can be really yummy, if you get creative.
One of my favourite kitchen gadgets is my vegetable spiralled. I first bought a little handheld GEFU spiralizer, but was pretty limited with what I could spiral, as it will only do stick shape vegetables like carrots or zucchini.
Then I kept hearing mention of the Paderno vegetable spiralizer and of course had to check it out. I had amazing reviews, and of so me being me and loving my kitchen gadgets, had to order one. I love it, it's really sturdy and is one of the best ones you can buy, it will spiral literally any shaped vegetable including harder varieties like swede (rutabaga) etc.
Unfortunately the Paderno vegetable spiralizer is hard to source in the UK, but this Müeller Spiral-Pro Professional 4-Blade Spiralizer is very similar and gets great reviews on amazon.
One of my favourite sides to make when I want to up the speed is this Oven Baked spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac, the combination of the two together is a great flavour.
To spiral I recommend using the middle size spiral blade, as that size seems to work best for these, the smallest blade makes them a little to thin and they can burn easily.
All they need is a little bit of seasoning and then you can spread them out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spray over the top with some spray oil and bake until lovely a golden. It's as simple as that.
Try adding some different seasonings to the Oven Baked Spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac:
- Indian Spiced: ½ tsp of cumin, ½ tsp of coriander, ¼ tsp of chilli powder
- BBQ: ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp of smoked paprika, ¼ tsp of onion powder, ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- Garlic and Herb: ¼ tsp of garlic powder, ¼ tsp of mixed herbs
- Cajun: ½ tsp of paprika, ¼ tsp of chilli powder, ¼ tsp of cumin, ¼ tsp of oregano and a pinch of cayenne
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 6 months ago: Syn Free Keema Curry
- 1 year ago: Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- 1.5 years ago: Chicken Parmesan
- 2 year ago: Low Syn Yakitori Chicken Skewers
- 2.5 years ago: Low Syn Squidgy Chocolate Brownie Cake
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
Syn Free Oven Baked Spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac
Yield 2 serving
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - syn free per serving
- Original/SP - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 0
- 310g (11oz) of butternut squash, peeled and spiralled
- 310g (11oz) of celeriac, peel and spiralled
- 1 tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 190c or 375f (gas mark 5)
- Add spiralled butternut squash and celeriac, add the paprika and season with salt and black pepper
- Toss to coat
- Spread out on a large baking tray lined with parchment, making sure now spirals are clumped too close together.
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins until lightly golden.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. You should always double check syn values for synned items.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.8 g
Sodium 239 mg
Total Carbohydrates 31.1 g
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.