Oven Baked Spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac - a great way to add some speed vegetable to your plate.
Do you struggle with vegetables? If you are not a huge vegetable lover, it is so easy to turn vegetables into a a more enjoyable dish. They don't have to be bland or boring, vegetables can be really yummy, if you get creative.
One of my favourite kitchen gadgets is my vegetable spiralled. I first bought a little handheld GEFU spiralizer, but was pretty limited with what I could spiral, as it will only do stick shape vegetables like carrots or zucchini.
Then I kept hearing mention of the Paderno vegetable spiralizer and of course had to check it out. I had amazing reviews, and of so me being me and loving my kitchen gadgets, had to order one. I love it, it's really sturdy and is one of the best ones you can buy, it will spiral literally any shaped vegetable including harder varieties like swede (rutabaga) etc.
Unfortunately the Paderno vegetable spiralizer is hard to source in the UK, but this Müeller Spiral-Pro Professional 4-Blade Spiralizer is very similar and gets great reviews on amazon.
One of my favourite sides to make when I want to up the speed is this Oven Baked spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac, the combination of the two together is a great flavour.
To spiral I recommend using the middle size spiral blade, as that size seems to work best for these, the smallest blade makes them a little to thin and they can burn easily.
All they need is a little bit of seasoning and then you can spread them out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spray over the top with some spray oil and bake until lovely a golden. It's as simple as that.
Try adding some different seasonings to the Oven Baked Spiralized Butternut Squash and Celeriac:
- Indian Spiced: ½ teaspoon of cumin, ½ teaspoon of coriander, ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder
- BBQ: ½ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika, ¼ teaspoon of onion powder, ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Garlic and Herb: ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Cajun: ½ teaspoon of paprika, ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder, ¼ teaspoon of cumin, ¼ teaspoon of oregano and a pinch of cayenne
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 6 months ago: Keema Curry
- 1 year ago: Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- 1.5 years ago: Chicken Parmesan
- 2 year ago: Yakitori Chicken Skewers
- 2.5 years ago: Squidgy Chocolate Brownie Cake
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
Are you Looking for Slimming World Syns or Weight Watchers (WW) Points?
We are removing all Slimming World syn values from the website, you can read more about that here.
To ensure precise calculations, we recommend utilizing the official tools provided with your membership to specific plans, as they may undergo regular updates. Values can vary between different brands, so it's essential to calculate recipes using these tools to guarantee accuracy in any recipe you prepare.