Tender Homemade Chicken Fingers - an easy to make oven baked breaded chicken goujon recipe, perfect for the whole family.
These chicken fingers (or goujons) are my kids favorite and best thing of all they are also Slimming World friendly.
Chicken, homemade breadcrumbs and just the right seasoning makes these perfect.
The chicken is always so tender and doesn't have that horrible processed taste that frozen ready made ones tend to have. You can always be sure that these contain real chicken.
You can really mix these up with different seasonings/herbs added to the breadcrumb mix too.
These are also great served with my Low Sugar/Low Syn Tomato Ketchup.
The sides are totally up to you, but I normally pair with my Perfect Oven Baked Fries and a mixed salad.
For an SP or Original day, you could serve with some roasted butternut squash or just a salad is a perfectly good meal.
Don't forget to check out my low syn ranch dressing, as it's the perfect dipping sauce for these Baked Chicken Fingers.
- 450g (16oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 3 slices (120g/4.5oz) of wholewheat bread
- 1 tsp of paprika
- pinch of garlic powder
- cooking oil spray
- optional: a pinch of chilli or cayenne powder (instead of paprika) for a spicy alternative
- Put the wholemeal bread into a food processor to make into breadcrumbs.
- In a shallow dish combine the maple syrup, egg and mustard.
- In another shallow dish, mix the wholewheat breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- Add the chicken strips into the egg mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Dip each egg mixture coated chicken strip into the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 mins until chicken is golden, cooked through and tender.
- If you have a HEa spare, you can also add some grated cheese to the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - ½ HEb and 1 syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 3 per serving
NOTE: if not using ½ a Healthy Extra B add 3.5 syns per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 4.3gSaturated Fat 0,6gCholesterol 221mgSodium 516mgCarbohydrates 15.6gFiber 2gSugar 5.3gProtein 39.7g