Tender Homemade Chicken Fingers - an easy to make oven baked breaded chicken goujon recipe, perfect for the whole family.
These chicken fingers (or goujons) are my kids favorite and best thing of all they are also Slimming friendly.
Chicken, homemade breadcrumbs and just the right seasoning makes these perfect.
The chicken is always so tender and doesn't have that horrible processed taste that frozen ready made ones tend to have. You can always be sure that these contain real chicken.
You can really mix these up with different seasonings/herbs added to the breadcrumb mix too.
These are also great served with my Low Sugar Tomato Ketchup.
The sides are totally up to you, but I normally pair with my Perfect Oven Baked Fries and a mixed salad.
For an SP or Original day, you could serve with some roasted butternut squash or just a salad is a perfectly good meal.
Don't forget to check out my ranch dressing, as it's the perfect dipping sauce for these Baked Chicken Fingers.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 450g (16oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 3 slices (120g/4.5oz) of wholewheat bread
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of garlic powder
- cooking oil spray
- optional: a pinch of chilli or cayenne powder (instead of paprika) for a spicy alternative
- Put the wholemeal bread into a food processor to make into breadcrumbs.
- In a shallow dish combine the maple syrup, egg and mustard.
- In another shallow dish, mix the wholewheat breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- Add the chicken strips into the egg mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Dip each egg mixture coated chicken strip into the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 mins until chicken is golden, cooked through and tender.
- If you have a HEa spare, you can also add some grated cheese to the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 4.3gSaturated Fat 0,6gCholesterol 221mgSodium 516mgCarbohydrates 15.6gFiber 2gSugar 5.3gProtein 39.7g